Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Misc. Dealers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2020, 05:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Ellis Brooks Chevrolet San Francisco

I am currently restoring my single family owned 1967 Camaro. The car spent it's entire life in the San Francisco Bay area until I found it on Craigslist two years ago. The car is a very early built Camaro, fisher body build date 09B (1966) and NCRS shipping report said actual build date is September 16th, 1966. The original owner purchased the car at Ellis Brooks Chevrolet. I see the dealership closed in 2008/2009 and it was located in downtown San Francisco. Very cool building.

I am looking for Ellis Brooks San Francisco license plate frames and a dealer emblem! My car had holes on the tail panel for the emblem, but the emblem was missing and the family didn't have it. I welded the holes up as I didn't think I'd ever find an emblem. They also gave me license plate frames from Stewart Chevrolet (still in business today), was also in San Francisco (moved to Colma, CA in 1972 to build a more modern dealership), which is where they serviced the car when they moved to the suburbs. Upon retirement the original owner took the car to Santa Cruz, CA.

Does anyone have any plates or know anyone who might? Any leads would be awesome Doesn't seem like this was a "High Performance" dealership. Maybe others have more information about the dealership. Saw some of the commercials on YouTube. Very cool!
Attachments - The Supercar Registry image.jpg image.jpeg Excited Face.jpg Ellis Brooks.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...