Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 08-02-2022, 10:54 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1994 Camaro Z28/1LE - One owner

1994 Camaro Z28/1LE with 3,048 miles on the odometer, LT1 w/6-speed manual, Purple pearl metallic w/black roof and a gray cloth interior. Note, there are no options on this Z28 as there were no other options available in combination with the 1LE Performance Package (includes Engine Oil Cooler and Special Handling Suspension System, and more). This track pack was originally developed for use in various showroom stock racing series. A very noticeable upgrade compared to the regular Z28 suspension. GM info states that 135 Z28’s were built with the 1LE option for 1994, unconfirmed information states five of them were painted Purple pearl metallic.

The car reside overseas in Sweden with a Swedish title, however it’s built to US specifications i.e. it conforms to all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle standards as well as all U.S. EPA Regulations applicable including the Federal Emission System, RPO NA5. All manufacturer and emission stickers on the car also verify this.

Originally had a Michigan title, I ordered this 1LE Camaro in February 1994 from Berger Chevrolet in Grand Rapids, MI, picked it up and had it shipped to Sweden in June 1994.

A well documented (e.g. orig Michigan Title/Factory Manifest/Window sticker/Chevrolet order acknowledgement/Berger PDI doc’s/Owner’s Manual/1994 Camaro MVMA spec’s/1994 Camaro sales brochure/Carfax report) vehicle from the day it was built May 17 1994 till today, always kept in a climate controlled garage under a car cover and pampered in general. Only driven during the summer months and never in rain.

An all original and unmolested car down to the Goodyear GS-C tires, any European/Swedish requirements were addressed by temporary solutions (color of parking lamps, turn signals on the sides and color of the rear turn signals) and then removed. Everything works as intended. In my opinion, the condition of this 1LE is as can be expected based on the conditions mentioned.

Some additional details: Engine oil (Mobil 1) and filter (ACDelco Ultraguard Gold) have been changed as well as the starter battery (ACDelco). Factory plastic seat covers are still with the car. Factory plastic thread cover on radio antenna base (antenna stored in trunk, with the front floor mats). Factory supplied cassette tape, side 1 “Introduction to Your New Vehicle” and side 2 “Selected Options and Features”, is also included. Factory mounted wheel locks, wheel lock key and ID-card in original plastic bag. Full set of original car keys w/ spare ones still in the factory envelope. Factory supplied Owner’s Manual in folder (never opened). Factory original engine oil filter and starter battery are both kept (for possible future reference, yes I know...). $25,000 (USD)

Thanks,
Ove
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 1LE For This Useful Post:
Tenney (08-04-2022)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry WS Manifest Brochure MVMA II.jpg IMG_1092 (2) Covercarft Custom Flannel Car Cover 35%.jpg IMG_1090 (3).jpg IMG_1087 (4).jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 08-02-2022, 12:25 PM

That is awesome. I can't tell you how many days I sat in the last row, last seat of Econ or Linear Algebra during high school, fantasizing about building this exact car.
The Following User Says Thank You to SupremeDeluxe For This Useful Post:
RPOLS3 (01-17-2024)
Old 08-02-2022, 01:16 PM

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

I remember reading this article and thinking: "The muscle car is back!"

And the Z in this article did not have the 1LE option best I can tell!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...mparison-test/
dustinm (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 02:02 AM

Out of curiosity what is the est. to ship this back to the US?
Cool car!!
Old 08-03-2022, 02:31 AM

id like to look into shipping process myself.Im very interested in the car if shipping is reasonable. pm your contact info please.
1969 Z28 X33D80 31k original mile Survivor Dusk POP Bornwith drivetrain.Sold
1969 Camaro LM1 Olympic Gold 78k original miles
1995 Camaro Z28 silver Convertible AT

1969 Camaro COPO 9561 21k original miles original drivetrain M22 Tach and gauge package
Old 08-03-2022, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe View Post
That is awesome. I can't tell you how many days I sat in the last row, last seat of Econ or Linear Algebra during high school, fantasizing about building this exact car.
Thanks, it’s a really great car in many ways. Also being a musclecar guy I enjoyed ordering it from Berger Chevy.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I remember reading this article and thinking: "The muscle car is back!"

And the Z in this article did not have the 1LE option best I can tell!

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...mparison-test/
Remember this article as well, and yes you’re correct the Z28 in the article has no 1LE-package. Easiest way to tell is the fog-lights which were not available with the 1LE, instead there are small grills providing additional cooling. Another article/small write-up (Car and Driver, Road and Track or in Motor Trend, can’t remember which) I recall from 1993-94 was a test comparing a regular Z28 and a Z28 with the 1LE-package driving a full speed lap around Road America, the test showed a 12 sec difference between the two. The 1LE had a manual transmission but I don’t know about the regular Z28.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
Out of curiosity what is the est. to ship this back to the US?
Cool car!!
Thanks!
Shipping seem to start at around $2,200 (port to port) depending on size of the shipping container and shipping to the US east or west coast. Shipping the car separately in a 20-foot container would be more expensive compared to a 40-foot, the latter means the car would go together with another vehicle/other vehicles. Shipping the car in a 40-foot container to the east coast, typically New York (i.e. Elisabeth New Jersey) or Baltimore, would be the least costly alternative. Turnaround time of approx. 4 weeks (to the east coast).

Several shipping companies around, wouldn’t know which one to choose but here’s a link to an American shipping company with a lot of relevant information gathered:
https://cfrclassic.com/international...sweden-to-usa/

and a link to the US Customs and Border protection:
https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo.../importing-car
Old 08-03-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1971 View Post
id like to look into shipping process myself.Im very interested in the car if shipping is reasonable. pm your contact info please.
PM sent.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:11 PM

That's cool as hell. I'd have to guess it's about the best example of a 1994 Camaro on the planet.
dykstra (08-04-2022)