Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-31-2003, 04:28 AM

Default Re: 69 Yenko camaro drag car spotted??

Schonye Your right on the Humbolt track it's 30 minutes west of me.I went and talked to the friend that spotted it there and he said the car came from out east(recently),like maybe Pennsylvania rumor has it.He told me the owners name and even where they live(exactly)where they live.I will wait to see what Saturday night brings.He said they didnt actaully race it they just ran like 3 runs .He did say it ran in the high 6's (1/8 mile track).I will get the X number off the tag and the last several digits to see what you guys come up with.My buddy did say eveyone at the strip was told it was a "Real Yenko",,,we shall see what we shall see.This is all out of curiosity as the new owners are'nt likely to sell something they have been chasing 10 years! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2003, 03:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

DSYenko,

You don't by chance live in Clarion,IA do you? I lived up there for six months right out of college working for Cargill. I used to go over to Humbolt with Larry Draves and the little drag Vega that he was just getting put together. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[/img]

Rusty Small
Old 07-31-2003, 06:58 PM

Ken three or four Yenko's were sold out of Cedar Rapids Kim
Old 08-01-2003, 03:43 AM

Kim, I've heard Cedar falls, but only deuces in Cedar Rapids. We'll have to discuss this tomorrow in Monmouth. Ken
Old 08-01-2003, 03:56 AM

SmallHurst Yes Clarion is correct and Larry Draves is my neighbor 1/2 mile down the blacktop.My dad and uncle have been selling grain at Cargill since the 60's.I have farmed for 10 years and done the same.Trying to figure out who you were and when you were here? Was Kelly the manager or ??I farm with my dad straight south of Clarion 3 miles brown brick house on the corner where Draves turns to go to his dads place.Man this is a small world !!! Duane S.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:08 AM

Man there is someone from every area here! We have farm boys, city boys, guys from the farthest corners of Texas, Cali, Washington, Canada, Alsaka, New York, Fla, and even across the pond in England, Norway, and Australia! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Any Mexicans besides my self but ones that autually live south of the border? I hear that their has been some really neat Iron found there.
Old 08-01-2003, 04:46 AM

Yeah Frank there were several articles on Mexican style Shelby/Mustangs --maybe copo9566aa/Roger would have some photos [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2003, 06:33 PM

Frank, Im about 7 miles from the Mexican Border in South Texas-Close Enough for me and about as Mexican as you can get!!! As a kid, I remember seeing a 66 427 Vette Roadster, 66 GT Hi Po Fastback Mustang, and a 72 Mach 1 Coupe-Only made in Mexico by Velasquez-Shelbys' Counterpart and business partner in Mexico-Junked by the side of the road in the raunchy part of town and offered for about $50! Other cars spotted were numerous 69-70 Vettes in various stages of disrepair and one mean 70 LS-6 (Black) that was enroute to Monterrey. No COPOs' to my knowledge in my general area although I have been on wild goose chases for "Mustangs with Cougar Tailights". As time has gone by leads have gotten scarce on anything worth kicking up dust over.
Old 08-01-2003, 07:15 PM

Thanked 1,627 Times in 482 Posts

Frank, do you know of any 1980s SS Monte Carlos made in Mexico with 350 and 4 sp? I have read that a few were built.
Old 08-02-2003, 02:03 AM

Joe this is one of the only ones that I know of. Would be a pretty neat car to have! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

http://www.montecarloss.com/MexicanSS.html