Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 11-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

So being that this is Chicago, is there any issues with unloading the trailer at the convention center, ie with unions? I know the company I worked for years ago used to send the company truck to McCormick with a trade show exhibit, but had a difficult time getting it unloaded once the truck arrived. Story I heard was that a "bribe" was required to get unloaded unless the driver waited hours until the middle of the night and was unloaded at double time. Had to change to shipping via common carrier. Just wondering for those bringing their own trailer?
Old 11-13-2018, 09:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,293 Times in 501 Posts

There is no issues unloading your private car trailer/hauler all you have to do is follow the instructions that is on your paperwork and you get right in at your designated time and they give you about 30 to 45 minutes to unload ...what I can tell you is ....with the cold weather please make sure you guys have antifreeze in your cars we don’t want anyone pushing freezeout plugs out and trust me I have seen it happen to other cars
Old 11-13-2018, 10:33 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
Reliable, if you come from a far distance, or even if you don't want to deal with any hassle, is the deal!! I used them twice to ship the Bee up and back with no issues and top notch service. Anytime I have a car going to MCACN in the future, it'll be shipped with them. Discount? Peace of mind knowing everything is taken care of and you can relax and enjoy friends/ cars/food/beer (not necessarily in that order) is worth waaaaaaaay more than a few bucks off in my opinion!

Cheers and everyone have fun!!

Dave
This sums it up; may not be the cheapest but they are competitive and their insurance coverage and tracking ability is second to none.

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
Old 11-13-2018, 10:36 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdv69z View Post
So being that this is Chicago, is there any issues with unloading the trailer at the convention center, ie with unions? I know the company I worked for years ago used to send the company truck to McCormick with a trade show exhibit, but had a difficult time getting it unloaded once the truck arrived. Story I heard was that a "bribe" was required to get unloaded unless the driver waited hours until the middle of the night and was unloaded at double time. Had to change to shipping via common carrier. Just wondering for those bringing their own trailer?
No issues whatsoever. To say the community of Rosemont welcomes us with open arms is an understatement. With the amount of business we bring in to the community, they work directly with us in many ways to help us continue to produce a quality show.

Can you say 2,000+ hotel rooms nights?

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
The Following User Says Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (11-13-2018)