Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-28-2018, 01:09 AM

Default Zl1 #4 $380,000

Did anyone see this go down the block today ? Any reason it only bid 380K ????

No Fisher priced toys here
Attachments - The Supercar Registry SubFrame Connector RH 1 resize.jpg Starting line.jpg Heater Box Ben n Danny 2 resize.jpg Danny at Petes Auto with Engine resize.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-28-2018, 01:51 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

My guess is column shift auto. Good car otherwise.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:09 PM

Even still seems way too cheap

No Fisher priced toys here
The Following User Says Thank You to the427king For This Useful Post:
DW31S (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the427king View Post
Even still seems way too cheap
WHY? isn't that what the market set for that car? Seeing that's what it sold for. Charlie saying it was a "good car' other then the column shift?

I'm feeling that were sorta getting to the end of the "muscle car" high $$$ era due solely to the laws of supply and demand. YES these will always be some high priced cars, but the guys who have the means and the wants for these are just dwindling. Therefore the demand will be down.

Younger generations are not as interested in a '69 Camaro as say first gen Honda Civic Si. Hell I'm 52 and have the means for some nice cars, and have 3. But I still do not have the urge for a nice, 100 point stock car YET. You have guys selling off there collection and not getting back into it. Guys like Pratt for example.

Much like real estate, sooner or later there is a market correction and I can see cars coming down in pricing or "correcting" themselves. Maybe not a '69 ZL-1 but a '69 Z28 I can see going down. Cars that have a couple thousand built isn't as rare as 1 of 69. Those rare ones will always be up there, maybe not as high anymore.
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)
The Following User Says Thank You to EZ Nova For This Useful Post:
YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (10-29-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post
WHY? isn't that what the market set for that car? Seeing that's what it sold for. Charlie saying it was a "good car' other then the column shift?

I'm feeling that were sorta getting to the end of the "muscle car" high $$$ era due solely to the laws of supply and demand. YES these will always be some high priced cars, but the guys who have the means and the wants for these are just dwindling. Therefore the demand will be down.

Younger generations are not as interested in a '69 Camaro as say first gen Honda Civic Si. Hell I'm 52 and have the means for some nice cars, and have 3. But I still do not have the urge for a nice, 100 point stock car YET. You have guys selling off there collection and not getting back into it. Guys like Pratt for example.

Much like real estate, sooner or later there is a market correction and I can see cars coming down in pricing or "correcting" themselves. Maybe not a '69 ZL-1 but a '69 Z28 I can see going down. Cars that have a couple thousand built isn't as rare as 1 of 69. Those rare ones will always be up there, maybe not as high anymore.
yes the market is changing in the next 10 years pricing will really change
Old 10-28-2018, 04:43 PM

Car did not sell. probably going to Indy.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:54 PM

Panic and fear.....let's start cutting deals on all those rare parts!....because tomorrow, well.......???
Old 10-28-2018, 05:12 PM

I have no idea how to predict a market, stock market or classic cars etc. I have seen a change in muscle hobby for sure. For me to see the direction it’s going is kind of sad. I love muscle cars and Corvette’s. Always have and always will. They breathe life in me at times when life gets a bit crazy. That being said I just returned from Fall Carlisle and Hershey Pa swap meets two weeks ago. I’ve attended them both since the mid 1980’s. Carlisle vendor spaces seemed to be at most 65-70 percent of capacity. Back in the day there was a years long waiting list to sell there. Prime vendor spots are inside the 3 buildings at the fairgrounds. This year the main building had several empty spots and I saw someone selling socks inside this prime location. I’m 52 years old, plenty of guys my age and older still attended however very few younger people walking The aisles. I have come to know lots of these vendor/sellers over the years. So many of them tell me this is my last show. Reason being “I’m getting to old” and it’s not worth it anymore. Again, this is said to watch these incredible swap meets dwindling to what they have become. That being said I will continue to walk the swap meets till I am no longer able to. Buying parts that I don’t really need, but convincing myself “ just Incase I need it someday “. I will drive the hell out of my cars till I can no longer push in a clutch pedal or pull them into my garage with Manual steering. If you are lucky enough to own one of these great cars , drive it as much as possible. If your at a cruise night and a small kid walks by with his parents open the door and let him sit behind the wheel. They are our future. Rob
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rumbleguts396 For This Useful Post:
bigjake (10-31-2018), camarojoe (11-02-2018), dykstra (10-29-2018), PeteLeathersac (09-01-2020), ZLP955 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 05:40 PM

Thanked 1,113 Times in 327 Posts

Folks that pay big $$ want desirable options, colors, etc. along with limited production. For example, I'll bet #55 would do a "moon shot" even in this market! Let's face it - if you have a half of a million dollar classic in your garage - you don't want to have to explain to people how cool it is. It needs to have the "look" along with the rarity - JMHO.
The Following User Says Thank You to bergy For This Useful Post:
dykstra (10-29-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Nova View Post

I agree, although the younger generations interest isn’t in honda civics but new and late model American muscle. First of all, the older muscle cars are EXPENSIVE and equally if not more expensive to build as a project. The horsepower most new muscle cars put out now, or the power potential of some of the late model used stuff is just insane. A coyote mustang with an off the shelf turbo kit will make 700 rwhp easily with the factory sealed engine. You can pick up a used coyote mustang for less than some project 60/70s muscle cars will bring, just to put it in perspective. You could also walk into any dodge dealer and buy brand new cars that will run 11s, 10s, or 9s off the showroom floor. These cars will also handle great, and have all the amenities like AC, leather, heated & cooled seats, navigation, etc. I’m not knocking the older stuff at all here, just stating the reason why most younger people are not as interested. Everything happens in cycles. The cars that are gaining steam now are the 80s muscle cars, because the kids who dreamt about them in high school are at the age where they want to relive their youth.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GotGrunt For This Useful Post:
9SECONDYENKO (10-29-2018), PeteLeathersac (09-01-2020), YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (10-29-2018)