Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar Features

Old 09-14-2005, 10:38 PM

Default Re: September '05 Feature Car

Here is a link to some updated pictures of the car. Notice the difference the Jet Hot treatment makes! Those are the same 35 year old Headers!! http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...der_id=1239068
Old 09-15-2005, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,078 Times in 1,322 Posts

White shifter knob???

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 09-15-2005, 12:28 AM

Sweet car!!Love the white/green combo!The history is truly awesome!!!My car too was sold new at Reedmans!I have been trying to locate the original owner.Wonder if Mr.Schmuckler remembers a gold LS6 sold new there?Way more common then your ride so probably not
Old 09-15-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
White shifter knob???

[/ QUOTE ]did I do another Camaro No No??
Old 09-15-2005, 01:29 AM

Thats it...you are shunned !!!
Old 09-15-2005, 04:57 AM

White knobs are cool, the correct one should be a black 2-piece...But what you really need is one without an "R" on it.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:59 AM

HELLO DAVE as soon as i saw the green int i knew that was John"s car i remember when the car was for sale in the phila paper late 70,s early 80,s my friend MIKE A and JOHN went to look at it and john bought it i think it was 10 grand, it still had the dana in it i know this because we bought it along with the mopar rims that were on it i just got off the phone and i think the went to NJ to look at it but it is a neat car, john would take it to the shows but i guess the wife put here foot down, John hung out at Vinces in Drexel Hill ANY WAY IT IS A NEAT CAR AND GOOD LUCK
Old 09-15-2005, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
john would take it to the shows but i guess the wife put here foot down, John hung out at Vinces in Drexel Hill ANY WAY IT IS A NEAT CAR AND GOOD LUCK

[/ QUOTE ]I think you got the part about John Hanging at Vince's Correct.....He is still there! the rest of the story is true and accurate as told. John did his Camaro Show thing for about 5 years and LOVES the Street Rod scene. He scratch built a Blown 26 T tall Coupe Street Rod himself and that is his Ride. although from what I hear I think he is starting to miss the Camaro! Like the song say's, I guess you don't know what you got till it's gone.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:58 PM

DAVE any one can have a street rod,but not everyone can have a real 425 hp CAMARO like what you have WE SHALL NEVER PASS THAT WAY AGAIN, HAVE FUN AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT !
Old 09-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Dave, I remember this car and John D. I worked for RADAR for 8 years. He was a close freind of mine and my mentor, he un fortunately died about 5 yrs ago. I remember when John D brought the engine into Radar's shop and how particular they were about it.I distinctly remember how cautious Radar was in determining that the engine was original and virgin, witch he confirmmed with 100% certainty.Besides RADAR's mechanical genuis, he was also a comidian, he told me that (your engine) was worth more than the house i live in(he was probably right).Radars shop was originally owned by K&amp;G speed(you may remember the K&amp;G frantic fueler and frantic ford nitro cars owned by Jim Fox who also worked with us), we did work for many div1 racers and some proffesional racers such as Grumpy Jenkins and Jungle Jim. In fact RADAR was the one of the last ppl to see Jungle alive. John D used to work with local legend Vince matea, They were proffesional racers from the 60's and 70's and damn good mechanics. I cant believe John D sold the car. I thought he would be burried in it.If need a statement from me contact me at www.beezerbuilt.com . That car was one of the rarest and nicest cars I have ever seen in its originality, I used to work for 442 restorers "B&amp;P" auto in ardmore and know how hard it is to find a car that is that clean, I havent seen the car for 5 years but hope it is in the same shape.