Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 02-17-2004, 10:07 PM

Default I'm new here

And I wasn't sure how to introduce myself, so I'll do it here. I gotta confess, I'm a Mopar man, with a 70 Hemi Road Runner clone in the garage. It's a real Runner, but not a Hemi. About half done, but now I'm not sure what to do with it. I really want a nitroused small tire, fastest street car style ride, and I have bought several pieces to go that route. But I also love nostalgia cars. I'm thinking about buying another and doing a 1970 period Hemi Road Runner, and using all period parts to make it look the part. Oh well, that's half the fun, right? Anyway, despite my Mopar leanings, I've always had a healthy respect for Chevrolets, and I really love the dealer special cars. I find and buy cars for a living, and I'm on the trail of a couple (or 10 ) COPOs and dealer specials. I've only seen one so far, so I guess we'll just have to see how that turns out . Anyway, this looks like a really cool board, and I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

63 Impala 302-M-21
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-18-2004, 12:22 AM

Default Re: I'm new here

This is a great site to get a lot of information,these guys are very SMART when it comes to the SUPER CARS!There is not much they do not know,don't know how they will greet you being a MOPAR GUY THOUGH.I am a MOPAR OWNER also but do own some old Chevrolets,just started to get into the MOPARS and am currently restoring a 69 Dart Swinger 340 car,and building a 66 Dart Race Car.But being we are Mopar Fans they probably won't have a lot to do with us!I recently posted in the wanted section needing a 340 engine and a couple guys poked a little fun at me but that is OK,I can take it because I am a Big Boy,I would like to line the little Swinger up against a few of the Big block Chevys though just to see what happens.Did not get any assistance with what I was looking for on the site though.But that is OK I have located what I needed.Hopefully they will greet you with open arms.At least we all have the same goal and that is keeping old MUSCLE CARS ALIVE!

Bobby Dodson
Old 02-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,150 Posts

Welcome zoidberg.
Glad to have you aboard.This site really is informative,and most definetly the Futur..ama.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:41 AM

you may find here that you'll get more help with mopar and or ford needs than you can at some of those specific forums.lots of the supercar guys here also own mopar cars. there are some "well known" muscle car industry guys that are members. this is a gentlemans forum. post threads where they belong, and you'll get along just fine. on my behalf, welcome.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:14 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Welcome to the site ...you will have to send us some photos of your Mopar....we like to see other members projects too.

Old 02-19-2004, 05:33 PM

Thanks for the welcome, everybody. I've only been here a couple of days, and I'm already learning new stuff. This place is great!

63 Impala 302-M-21
Old 02-20-2004, 07:26 PM

Welcome, Zoid!