Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 02-18-2004, 10:50 PM

Default 68 Motion Chevelle?

Hey, guys, I'm new here, and I have a question. Awhile back, I talked to a guy that swore up and down that he had an honest-to-God 68 SS427 Chevelle. I didn't want to call B.S. right away, because knowing my luck, it'd turn out to be some kind of weird COPO that no one had heard of before, and I'd end up looking like an idiot. Plus I didn't want to insult the guy because my curiosity was piqued. So I made arrangements to see the car, and drove out to his farm the next weekend. I got there, he led me out behind the barn, and there in the weeds(good place for the only SS427 Chevelle ever made ) was an SS396 Chevelle. OK, I think, it was BS, but it could still be a decent score, so I decide to look it over. Well, long story short, it has CE coded 4-bolt main 427, as well as cracked, faded Motion Performance stickers on both quarter windows, and on the inner fenderwell. He wants eight grand for the car, and it has rust and hasn't run in years. Definitely worth it, IF it's a true Motion car. Not worth it if it's "only" an SS396. Cool car either way, but if it's not a Motion car, the amout of work it needs doesn't justify the asking price. He claims to have other people looking at it, but I'm not cutting a check that big without knowing what I'm dealing with. How do I determine what this car is? He has NO paperwork, the title has been lost for years. What do I do here? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

63 Impala 302-M-21
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-18-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: 68 Motion Chevelle?

honestly the only correct way would be to have joel document it for you.that is you pay him $1500 and he'll check his build sheet info against the cars info i.e vin# .you might have stumbled on a rare find or it could be just a 1968 BBC chevelle with motion mail order parts added to it.things to look for would be i've heard of a stamp on the block that motion would have put there during the engine building process.other items which are probably gone by now would be a 4.56 geared 12 bolt posi,motion valve covers,green flex a lite fan,motion c-d ign system,fly eye air cleaner.hope this helps
Old 12-07-2005, 10:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

What ever came of this one? Anything to update? Was it a Motion Chevelle? Pics would be cool..

(yeah I'm looking through old threads... bored at work)
Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 AM

Yeah, this was me. I took a break from the car scene for awhile, got married, started a family, all that good stuff so I never followed up on this car. The last I heard anything, which was a little over a year and a half ago, it was still sitting in the same spot, but who knows. I also heard alot of old iron got shipped off to the crusher up that way when scrap spiked a few months ago (including the remains of a totally beat down 69 Trans Am), so I don't know if it's still alive or not.