Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 05-25-2013, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Next Years Power Tour Car

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken, your life would be incompete without your usual mad thrash a week before Power Tour! </div></div>

Yep, nothing unusual there [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Picked the Demolition Derby car up tonight......Finished just in time.......Another great Job by Pulera Collision Center.......

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 05-31-2013, 02:04 AM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]
67 # match 427/390 Corvette Rdst
86 Corvette 30k miles
Old 06-08-2013, 05:07 PM

Well......We just got home from the Power Tour.......We missed the first day in Arlington and decided not to do the last day in Charlotte....we put on 2439 miles in the last 6 days and had just a few issues......So.......The Education continues........LOL.......The Saga of the rear brakes continued and the issues are finally resolved.....Here's what happened....LOL... It seems that everything touches the next thing and when everything all comes together things happen.......First off.....the emergency brake cables that were supplied with the CPP kit were a little longer that they were supposed to be.......So....to take up the extra length I made a spacer to put on the adjusting stud that came from the E-Brake pedal to take up the extra length .......so.....that was a year ago.......fast forward to replacing the rear pads this year and finding out that CPP also shipped the wrong pads with the kit.....after replacing the pads with the correct pads and adjusting everything the brakes worked perfectly.......Now.......The Seville rear pads are kept in adjustment by E-Brake engagement......And.....After driving the car to the Dells show and having that accident on the way home.......I was again not comfortable with the brakes......but.....they seemed to work but yet not as they should.......and...Driving on the Power Tour it seemed they were getting worse again......so....I called CPP and talked to one of their Techs and explained my concern that the rear brakes were going away again......he said it was an adjustment issue......I told him I was using the E-Brake all the time and it didn't seem to make any difference.........He insisted it was an adjustment issue........Damm Tech's.......So.....we get to the venue and I go over to the Wilwood guy's and explain my issues to them and ask what size and style Brake set-ups they had to get some proper braking in the Impala.....
So.....The Tech comes over to check it out....After looking at everything he wanted the keys to start the car so he could feel what was going on......After starting the car and pushing on the brake pedal he said......Yep....Something is wrong as the pedal feels really mushy.....So....he checked and No Leaks........Just didn't feel right.........So....we went back to the Wilwood trailer and he showed me what he would have put on the car if it was his........I went with the CPP kit because of cost......Now I have Charley sitting on my shoulder telling me not to be such a cheapskate.....LOL...
Again.....The car stopped.....But.....I didn't have confidence in them.......In the middle of the night I wake up and think that I should go and jack up the car and double check the E-Brake adjustment for the rears.....when I pushed the E-Brake pedal down I could feel it hitting the end of the travel.....But......I had to see it for myself.....So....As the Sun was coming up I was out and under the car........LOL.....What an Idiot......The cable mounting bracket the the adjusting rod from the E-Brake , because of the cable being longer, was wedging itself between the floor and the cross member, that's what I was feeling when I thought the cable was doing it's job and adjusting the rear pads, Changed it around and hit the E brake pedal a couple of times and got a Rock Hard pedal and perfect brakes...........Duhhhhh!!!!
The rear brakes worked after initially changing the pads they worked.....but after seating they lost their braking power due to me thinking the cable was doing it's job........Alway's something....

Old 06-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Wow...thanks for the pics on Facebook as well. Looks like you had a blast! Did Charley buy everyone dinner? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2013, 06:40 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow...thanks for the pics on Facebook as well. Looks like you had a blast! Did Charley buy everyone dinner? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img] </div></div>

Charley was &quot;Fashionably&quot; Late..........Got there when everyone was was leaving........Hummmmm!!!!!

Old 06-08-2013, 06:51 PM

I also had another goofy issue that also got resolved.......As we were driving along, the radio started to &quot;Crackle&quot;.......I assumed the front speaker was going bad.....switched the fader and the rear speakers did the same thing.....Humm!!......Ended up calling Steve who converted the Radio and described what was going on.....he said that I had a suspect Ground or Power supply connection to the radio......looked around and found a Terminal that I used for a power supply to the radio that was connected to a spade on the fuse panel that had the plastic melted .......pulled it off and it was loose on the spade......the friction fit had loosened to where there wasn't a direct connection and the resistance created heat.......Changed the terminal and everything was fine.......Radio Margaritaville for the whole trip......

Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Nice!!! You've got to love great customer service. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2013, 02:58 AM

Thanked 4,422 Times in 650 Posts

Shake Down Guy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

1966 Chevy Caprice 427-390
2012 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible]

Old 06-13-2013, 01:07 AM

Glad you guys had a great time even with a few little issues. Those Seville rear brakes werent fun to work on when the cars were new,much less after 10 or so years of service. I wonder what the thinking was for making up a kit using those parts? Seems with so much more rear disc options to make products from that the company could have found a different pad/caliper combo. Strange indeed but glad you have it resolved and hopefully no more issues.
The car is still bad to the bone,drool each time I see the drop top Impala you built.

Ken,you got any PowerTour pics posted up anywhere yet?

1966 Belair sleeper