Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2021, 07:35 PM

Default Some sort of factory documentation for Muncie shift lever

Yesterday we showed our recently restored 1969 Malibu 350/300 4 speed at the AACA Hersey Fall Nationals. I ordered the car new, and it is done to perfection, all correct.
A judge however questioned the "Muncie" engraving (factory of course) on my bench seat 4 speed shift handle.
AACA requires judges to ask the owner for documentation if they are unsure of an item.
My original window sticker only shows M20 4 speed, no mention of "Muncie", likewise, all my other documentation. Now, we all know Muncie was GM's transmission arm, but these judges didn't.
Try as I might, I cannot find a Chevroletr factory photo of the shifter, and I've been scouring GM Parts Wiki but can't find anything that shows a link to Muncie for a shift lever.

Is there anyone out there with better searching skills that can point me to something I can use if this comes up again ? (BTW, they did give me the benefit of the doubt and didn't deduct.....this time). Happily, we got our Senior award.

Viz
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_8777.JPG IMG_5127.JPG IMG_4740.JPG IMG_4713.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...