Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-02-2004, 08:27 AM

Default Re: 02 zl1's

Gem,

No one has a crystal ball to answer this question, but it will boil down to supply and demand. I don't think the "phase" of the '02 ZL1 will matter as much as whether or not there are more than 69 folks out there who want to own one. The pool of prospective buyers will increase as reviews of these cars continue to spread around the car enthusiast world. I found out about the '02 ZL1 because my Dad bought an Intimidator--that car impressed the hell out of me. The GMMG web site talked about the plan to build the ZL1. I was one of '69 folks lucky enough to be able to select the options. Was it worth nearly double the price of an unmodified Camaro? Absolutely! I am very comfortable that the value of these cars will continue to build. Even if it doesn't, I have a car that I will enjoy for years to come. To me, that's the true value of the car.
2002 ZL1 #61
Old 02-02-2004, 08:52 AM

Išve got a HOT ROD Camaro, Phase II, i am thinking abt. going for the phase III package, i havent thougth abt. how it eventually do some thing with the value.

Does anyone have any experience with non ZL1 GMMG cars, being sold or traded with the Phase III option??

I know i will have one heck of a car, thats the most interesting part to me!!

NEW
Old 02-02-2004, 01:47 PM

82z96ss,

I think that the ZL1's are rare and in great demand at this time, because the cars are selling for at least $20k over sticker. I can't speak for the ZL1 owners (especially since I'm not one) but most of them probably paid sticker price for their cars. It appears that they can clear $20k in profit after they resale them. How many of todays cars can you pay sticker price and resale for 30% profit or better!

I was told by Tom Henry that Matt or GM wanted these cars to be sold at sticker price and according to Tom he sold his at sticker. So at least Tom's customers have a greater ability to make more profit if they resale.

If I had bought a ZL1, I would not sale it for the profits. I would want to keep it. Evidently, some can't turn away from making money and possibly some can't afford what they bought.
Tom Henry #25