Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts
Default Re: Los Angeles 69 Camaro

You usually can see the tank sticker hanging off the drivers side of the tank by looking over the rear tire. If it is there just drop the tank and dust it off with one of those real soft dusting brushes. Then take a good digital pic. Then I would cover the sticker with clear plastic, seal it with tape and put the tank back up in the car.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,605 Posts

Motown,

-------If the tank sticker is there get another tank and put that one somewhere safe and protected. We have been doing that with Vettes for years now..........Bill S
Old 02-13-2005, 06:55 PM

Darren,
You are in need of some serious help. I love the hobby as much as anyone, but come on, you got to be kidding, right? Maybe you need your memory refreshed, the links are to some theraputical photos. The first is my wife on the left and OUR girlfriend on the right. Ya, thats the way it is, after all, I am a collector, right? Any of you guys happy with just one car? This is one place in my life where all is extremely well. The second and third pics are of the girlfriend, it is Hell when you got a wife that you have to compete with!
Motown

http://www.boomspeed.com/ezmatt/Cnv0074-1.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/ezmatt/Cnv0084.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/ezmatt/Cnv0083.jpg
Old 02-13-2005, 09:09 PM

I found my build sheet on the tank of my 69 z,by accident,for the life of me,i could not get the 302 to quitt fouling plugs,the year was 1988,I asked my shop helper to pull the tank and drain the old fuel,sence it was sitting for a few years,he yelled across the shop whats this piece a paper on the tank? sure enough it was a build sheet,We carfully just pulled it up and slid a putty knife under to help pull it off, it worked slick!! I still have the car and it still fouls plugs?
Old 02-14-2005, 03:00 AM

So was today a "photo day"?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:31 PM

Apparently not.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:40 PM

Joe,
The owner wasnt home yesterday, just chill, I will get it handled. I didnt think it prudent to break into his building, I get in enough trouble around here without adding to it. Somehow I dont think the local boys in blue would go for the "Im just here to take a photo" explaination. The car has been sitting for 15 years so I dont think it or the owners manual is going to get away. If technology was up to it I would Email you a couple Valium, I dont think Dell or Gateway has that mastered yet.
Motown
Old 02-14-2005, 05:45 PM

OK, I'll wait and see... its been 14 days since I asked, and i've patiently waited, so I don't think there's any need for valium on my end. Let me know when you have a pic. -JB
Old 02-14-2005, 05:45 PM

Hey Matt, Understand we are going on almost a month and all have been asking for pictures of various types. Kinda wondering what is going on.

Since the garage was closed and now that your back how bout filling us in on the Prototype ZL1 you found last year? What's going on with that. Ever get any more info or pictures of that??
Old 02-14-2005, 05:59 PM

Darren,
I wasnt aware of any photos other then the one concerning this thread being asked for, As for anything in the way of a car I may be working on locating or aquiring for someone who can afford it, I learned it best not to discuss it here as there are some on this board who just like to keep stirring $@#*. The whole purpose of this thread to begin with was to gain some useful information, which I have from most who posted. I dont mind helping anyone with anything, but I am certainly not going to go out of my way for anyone who is just trying to start $#@*. So, if you an interest in something I may be able to help with, treat with respect and you will be treated with respect in return. This thread has been taken way off track from what I was initially asking, so if we cant get it back in the right direction we may as well have a moderator lock it down. Unlike the past I am trying my best to behave in a civil manner so as not to waste time for everyone who comes here to learn something, myself included.
Motown