Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 02-14-2005, 02:05 PM

Default 1969 Z11 Pace Car/Parts Car For Sale

Z11 Pace Car to restore or for parts for sale. Most positive point about this car is the fact that it is a Canadian Car which can be documented. Body shell, no engine, no trans, no front sheet metal or subframe. Normal rust in floor area, solid firewall and windshield posts, Rockers and quarters decent, trunk area badly rusted. drop top bow assembly complete and in good shape. Dash still intact. Was small block automatic car with power steering, brakes, and top. Has 10 bolt rear still in place. Have original seats and door panels but have been recoverd with the ugliest upolstery I have ever seen. Has glass and all window and power top mechanisims. Vin and Cowl tag still in place and never molested, as well as the two stamped hidden vins. Body could be repaired but would require partial floor sections, entire trunk floor and drop downs. Rear frame rails solid. Has recently new complete original exhaust system in place. Was going to restore this car but health will not allow major projects anymore. Paid $8500 three years ago when rolling shell was complete, same car now less subframe and front clip, $6000 firm. True Z11 that can be GM documented from George Zapora at GM Canada. PM or Email for photos.
Motown
Old 02-14-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: 1969 Z11 Pace Car/Parts Car For Sale

YGM on this one as well!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:05 PM

Wouldn't an SS car have a 12 bolt, even if it was a small block?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:30 PM

Absolutely correct Joe, the rearend is not original to the car. When I bought the car it was a complete body, the cowl hood had been replaced with a flat, as I said the engine and trans were gone and the rear end had been changed out. The interior had been covered with a brown vinyl but the orange is still under the brown, even the door panels. I lost the subframe as the shop where I had it being media blasted went bankrupt, it was sold out at auction as a bankruptcy asset. Hylton, although my PM and mailbox are about to explode since I posted these two project cars you have first shot pursuant to our phone conversation, final agreement on the package deal pending your approval after you recieve the photos in the next few minutes.
Thanks,
Motown
Old 02-14-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....When I bought the car it was a complete body, the cowl hood had been replaced with a flat, as I said the engine and trans were gone and the rear end had been changed out. The interior had been covered with a brown vinyl but the orange is still under the brown, even the door panels......

[/ QUOTE ]

Those damn Canadians!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I thought a Powerglide SS350 could have a 10 bolt rear depending on the gear ratio. Obviously, if you put the rear in it then you know it's not original to the car. But I thought CRG listed 10 bolts for PG SS350 cars.

From CRG's site:
[ QUOTE ]
GM documentation indicates that the LM1 and L48 with M35 or M38 (350/4-barrels with automatic transmissions) were to receive a 10-bolt rear axle with multi-leaf spring. However, the physical evidence shows LM1/M35, LM1/M38, and L48/M38 vehicles actually received 12-bolt axles. Physical evidence on L48/M35 cars (SS-350 with PowerGlide transmission) is still limited, but indicates that at least the later builds received 10-bolt, multi-leaf axles; axle use for early 69 L48/M35 vehicles remains unclear. CRG continues to research this issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-14-2005, 10:19 PM

Car has Canadian paperwork. If it says RPO G80, it is a 12 bolt posi.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:57 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I seem to recall a number of the late Canadian pace cars got a 10-bolt. Obviously, a serious buyer needs to order the GM Canadian paperwork.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:02 AM

I had thought they came with a 12 bolt, the GM doc's will tell the tale. If it is the original rear then I learned something new today. That,s what all this bench racing is really about.
Motown
Old 02-15-2005, 05:29 AM

Sold.