Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 07-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: zl1 aluminum heads,fresh 074s

[ QUOTE ]
kwhizz, You really should mind your own business.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right...........I'm Done

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 07-20-2008, 01:57 AM

Pete I am sorry but I never intended this post to be about my problems with Chuck in the past. But I need to respond and then hopefully this can go to bed. Chuck, I never called. I would have e-mailed you instead. I am not sure if I even have your phone number any more. The bottom line is that I am past all this and I would not have cared if you sold it for one million dollars. But you told me that you were going to restore the el camino with your son. Instead you sell the rolling shell with the bare block and trans case and you keep all the other L-78 specific parts because you can make more money by parting the car out. Every time I see a Jan.1969 to May 1969 COPO or L-78 part for sale from you I wonder if it came from this car. You can say all you want but I know what was said to me, I believed it and I was deceived. As far as the pulleys go that is what came off of the car. I have no other factory deep groove pulleys in my garage. Now if you want we can go into what was said to me on the condition of the Nova versus what I received on another thread.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:24 AM

I'd decided not to get involved with this thread, until I came in and read this. I'm not going to go into the purchase, and problems that were involved with my getting the ElCamino into my garage, and getting the title in my name, but I will say this. Mark Sheppard is one of the most upstanding guys I know, and I've known him for many years. Mark's credibility is second to none. I did buy the car from Chuck, knowing most of the original parts were gone, but also knowing I had the resources, and determination, to but the car back to it's original condition, when it was new. It's just a shame, as far as I'm concerned, to part out an original unrestored 69 L-78 ElCamino, just to make a few bucks.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Yenko Paid Member

[ QUOTE ]
It's just a shame, as far as I'm concerned, to part out an original unrestored 69 L-78 ElCamino, just to make a few bucks.

[/ QUOTE ] Bill did you ever feel compelled to pay for the extra parts and keep the car intact?? You were offered it bare bones and cheap,or complete with all parts,and you chose cheap. Again, my fault.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:21 AM

You asked, so I'll answer your question. No, buying your overpriced parts was never an option, and still isn't today. How was I to know I would be getting the original parts anyway? You could, and probably did, stick the original parts on a shelf with 100's of other parts, and how would I know what I'd be getting? I can, and did buy parts from a lots of guys. Some good friends even gave me parts.

After the disaster, trying to pick the car up, not even getting a key, trying to drag the car into the trailer with no way to steer it, and the fact that you couldn't even put air in the flat tires, I'd had about enough at that point. Just sell off the rest of the parts Mark sent with the car, and thats the end of it. I hope it was worth it for you. I'll be just fine. The car is well on it's way to completion, and I'm sure it will be everything it was back in 1969.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:39 PM

Pete,

How did you make out? Send an email.

Chuck
Old 07-22-2008, 04:25 AM

Got my check today, thank you very much! Glad to finally put this unfortunate deal behind me. Thanks for all the support from my sYc buddies and thanks for all the pm's and encouragement.
Thanks Chuck Lombardi for recieving and shipping. Sorry to put you though this whole deal.
Peter