Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 10-21-2003, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Site with some good parts

[ QUOTE ]
We are NOT parts dealers, and this is pretty much a one-time sale. If you are looking for something other than what is listed, do not hesitate to e-mail, as I am in contact with a number of collectors around the country- and will be more than happy to pass your inquiry along. We still haven't inventoried everything, so be sure to check back if you don't see what you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took more than a minute to put the page together, so why would he go to the trouble if he is not pimping parts????

Old 10-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I would still think somebody is close enough to visit his shop and verify he is there with the parts he has listed for sale. If he doesn't allow visitors then I would definitely be cautious. I've been burned on parts like these and if it sounds like the prices are too good, then that is a warning sign. I hope the guy is legit and some people can get parts they really need.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:22 AM

I'm gonna say this is a hoax. The guy e mailed me back too... I asked about 3 items, each one had a totally different looking pic than the next, various sizes to the pics and quality levels... like they were pirated from an ebay ad or something. I asked specifics about one item, something he would actually need the item in from of him to see, and he came back a few hours later and said that particular item had been sold, and did i want the other 2 items? He offered them at an even LOWER price than listed on the site, and offered to ship for free if i sent payment. I asked where to send the money and to please e mail me his phone number so I could ask a few more things, and he got really defensive and gave me some story about how he gets 100 inquiries a day and if he gave out his number the phone wouldnt stop rinnging... i agree with that... and he'd be cleaned out in an hour too... if the stuff actually existed! I think the whole story is [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure sounds fishy to me, good luck to anyone brave enough to send money to this guy... How many of you bought the 500.00 NOS endura bumper? i bet he's been selling that all day!
Old 10-22-2003, 06:29 AM

Thanked 5,995 Times in 2,925 Posts

Guy emailed me back tonight as well and told me the NOS Endura had been sold. Guess we all wanted that one, huh. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif[/img] I didn't get a phone number out of him either but he did explain that he's a retired consultant to the "aviation industry" and he's not a parts dealer, and that he has so much interest in this stuff that he'd rather not deal with anyone who's having second thoughts about his integrity. And that would be whom? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 07:23 AM

He had no problem giving out his phone#, name, email, and address on the camaros.net classifieds here.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:56 PM

Well, the zip code is not a VA zip code, the street address doesn't exist, but the phone number is for someone in Abingdon, VA. I'd still like to have someone show up at his place before I'd send any money.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:33 PM

I didn't even get a email back with pictures as I requested, and sent him two emails. figures [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

A friend who live within 10 miles contacted him via email and he refuses to do any over the counter sales for security reasons. Meaning he will NOT meet with anyone, he will only deal through the mail. At this point I am very skeptical.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 10-22-2003, 02:14 PM

Thanked 1,653 Times in 486 Posts

On his FAQ page he seems to be very interested in scams.
Says he doesn't use "private auctions on E-bay" or other complex transactions.
Doesn't like "electronic payment schemes" like Pay-Pal and even lists two anti PayPal web sites then warns about the International Nigeria money scam
Old 10-22-2003, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend who live within 10 miles contacted him via email and he refuses to do any over the counter sales for security reasons. Meaning he will NOT meet with anyone, he will only deal through the mail.

[/ QUOTE ] "Security reasons" sounds more like, "you mail me the money, and I'll make sure I'm 'securely' in the other side of the country by the time you track me down." Anyone who refuses to allow someone to come and inspect or pick up their parts in person usually has something to hide. And if this guy is so into shipping his stuff, why wouldn't he just list his parts on ebay and let it all go to the highest bidder? I'm sure he'd do alot better than his asking prices. It's very possible that this is just some shady character with a bunch of old ebay auction pics saved on his hard drive that he e-mails out when fishing for suckers. Who hoards all these NOS parts and doesn't know their value? I'd love to hear from someone who's actually sucessfully purchased something from him. If I was the one who just mailed out $500 for the NOS endura, I'd sure be keeping my fingers crossed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were several people sending their money for this NOS endura already, since it probably doesn't exist anyhow why not sell it twice. This deal has "bad idea" written all over it IMO. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]