Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 AM

Default Re: zl1 aluminum heads,fresh 074s

<font color="red">074s not your avreage set,these are mint </font>
mint: webster
adjective
new or in its original condition, as if freshly minted a postage stamp in mint condition

<font color="blue"> King,
Those 074's have any porting on them any where????? If not, I'll take them!
Peter
</font>

Looks like a misleading add. I take it theses heads are NOT mint as stated. Everyone knows pete races stock and can not have any porting. He even said so.
Sounds like a refund is in order.
Why does he have to accept another set of heads from you?
are these the heads he should have received in the first place? Maybe,now, he does not want to deal with you any more?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:51 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

full money back if it couldnt be finalized

This part of Chucks post says he offered a refund. Unless I am reading it wrong. I would give Pete a full refund if it was me.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 06-29-2008, 03:37 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Tom, Id certainly have no problem sending a refund upon return of the heads. I just want you to post unequivicaly that you received the info [pics emails]and are aware that Pete was told they were ported 5/8/08 via phone ,sent pics of the porting 5/9/08 email ,acknowledged that "Chuck,the pics look good, ill take them " of those areas 5/11/08 PM ,and then had the heads for over 3 1/2 weeks before contacting me [via phone]and refused a replacement upgrade. Up to now you keep posting the quote "ill take them if they arent ported" in refernce as final to the agreement between buyer and seller as if you arent aware of the info above i sent to a moderator.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:02 AM

Chuck;
A. I have seen pictures of the heads you sent the moderator, with only one shot of the exhaust ports(s), which did not show much, yea or nea. The exhaust ports were the area of concern.
B. Pete did not have the heads for 3 1/2 weeks. They were sent to a friend in RI, who delievered them to Pete June 20 at the Fast race in Michigan. Upon inspection by himself and other "Factory Stock" racers", he told the guy to please return them to you, as they would be of no use to him.
C. according to Pete, you refused to offer a refund, nor other heads, you said you do not refund money and that you did not have a replacement set at that time, as these heads are hard to come by.
D. besides the porting, I believe the heads had larger valves/sets insatlled, which rules out "mint/virgin".

IMHO, you did not lie to Pete, but used the all too familiar Ebay tactic of wording things where one assumes things that are not so. Yes, we Pete should have asked more questions, and been more specific, but he thought he could trust another sYc member. From what I am hearing, he is not the first to fall victim to this type of creative wording.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:19 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Offering a replacement or purchase price refund was never off the table at any point for the record,it was always a matter of which remedy,not no remedy.Period . I just wanted to be clear that you had all the facts straight . And now as i stated upon receiving heads in same condition a refund of 2900.00 purchase price will be issued as long as it is done in a timely fashion.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
.... And now as i stated upon receiving heads in same condition a refund of 2900.00 purchase price will be issued as long as it is done in a timely fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool...
Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always prefer to make personal issues private. However i feel the need here to make a post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Chuck, I did everything possible to keep this thing private. I tried phone calls and e-mails. I did tell one of the moderators off line I was having some issues with your heads because I wanted to avoid this.
First off, I made it clear from my first post "zero porting". I should'nt even need pix. I felt your word would be the enough.If you had mentioned porting, the conversation would have been over.
You shipped the heads in the States, and you knew I would'nt be recieving them for weeks.
I'm not having buyers remorse! I did not find a better set!
I just did not recieve what was promised and advertised.
You "no money back" policy sux!
All you had to do was agree to send the money back, and this would have been over.
Peter
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Heads received today. Pictures show a complete lack of respect for someones property. Heads are freewheeling in boxes and float 8 inches in every direction. I have not opened these yet.I dont know what condition they are in,you will need to take this up with whoever in RI shipped these,I can video tape the boxes being opened or refuse them from ups and have your shipper inspect them and resubmit them if they are in the same condition as received as clearly stated in my response above. Ive been without these heads for 5 weeks and get them sent back with 2 pieces of tape holding them together and no packaging inside. I will wait a response as to what your shipper wants to do about this complete negligence for a 3000.00 set of heads.The extra set of guide plates i sent along are all in the box banging around,a complete disregard for my property. This is disgusting.
Attached Images

Old 07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Attached Images

Old 07-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Attached Images