Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM

Default Re: ZLX 427 69 Motion Camaro, Ex Kevin Suydam car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x Baldwin Motion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw this ZLX listed for sale in the Hemmings big book, is that current? It claimed to be one of two. </div></div>
<span style="color: #3333FF">Hi xBM,
Not sure if the Hemmings book is currant, but I have seen several &quot;adds&quot; of this car for sale in recent months...
First at 150K then reduced to 139K, on two different auction places.. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif[/img]
<span style="font-weight: bold">IF</span> I win the LOTTO this Saturday, I'm flying over to bring it back to Aus with me.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

Anyways...that's my dream.
Back at my workbench, my 1/12 &quot;tribute&quot; build has progressed some....
The firewall is nearing completion, just a few more holes to make. I have attached it to the main chassis floor.</span>

<span style="color: #3333FF">From below, I have filled the voids left front front chassis removal, and started to build-up the &quot;missing&quot; firewall lower extensions. Still a good ways to go...</span>

<span style="color: #3333FF">ALL this new work will receive a generous coating of putty to smooth and blend it all together.
More as it happens guys.
Many thanks
Greg</span>
Old 07-07-2013, 04:59 AM

Default Re: ZLX 427 69 Motion Camaro, Ex Kevin Suydam car..

<span style="color: #3333FF">Hey guys, just letting you know this project is about ready to resurface. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif[/img]
Wow, 5 years have slipped by so quickly.... Hope a few of you may still hold some interest for it here, it's still my all time favourite Motion car. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]
I have had contact from 2 previous owners (one still currant?) in the past few years, so I really hope I can get this to a standard acceptable by him.
Though photographic evidence of what/how the car looks now is still difficult to find, I think I have enough to help and do it justice.
I have a set of custom decals being made for me, mainly the gold lettering on the hood, as my printer doesn't have that capability...

The last work I completed on it was the rear trunk/floor area. The kit chassis is nice, but not entirely accurate, so I cut it apart and fabricated a new section from behind the seats, rearward...

From there I added pieces of sheet styrene/plastic, shaped and contoured it until I had it fairly correct.

A new trunk floor was made and added also.

And the top view, almost finished.

Hope to have something positive to share with you soon.
Cheers
Greg [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img] </span>
Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: ZLX 427 69 Motion Camaro, Ex Kevin Suydam car..

Wow very nice! obviously a labor of love for you! Keep us posted.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 AM

Default Re: ZLX 427 BM for sale

Wowee !!
1971 442 W 30 holiday coupe
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 PM

So was this small project ever finished?
Old 06-25-2014, 10:17 AM

Boy! I haven't figured out what you have more of--time or patience?!?
Neat project for sure!
Old 06-26-2014, 01:18 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">------I sure hope they have this great old Motion car running better than it ran at the last auction I saw it at. It briefly caught fire a couple of times (no real damage) and sounded bad! On that particular day I think interest waned quite a bit. Maybe someone else that was there knows but it seemed like the carbs were way out of sync or leaking down or something.......Bill S </div></div>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUkiqhTOt1E
Old 12-06-2014, 08:45 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jack_Tar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So was this small project ever finished? </div></div>
<span style="color: #3333FF">Hi Jack,
No sorry, still unfinished at this stage....got stalled on some details. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
I'm sweating on someone ( TDR ) coming out with some 3D printed Dominator carbs. I've had several attempts and they look too &quot;toy like&quot;. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
Also trying to convince them (TDR) to make a Weiand tunnel ram manifold...converting the SB to BB it's going to plan... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Thanks for the interest mate. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] </span>
Old 12-06-2014, 08:49 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DW31S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boy! I haven't figured out what you have more of--time or patience?!?
Neat project for sure! </div></div>
<span style="color: #3333FF">Thanks mate. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Hehehe, yeah, not sure myself....having just gone the big 55 a few weeks back, I could be running out of time at the pace I build. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Hope to kick this one along before too much more time elapses....Stay tuned. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] </span>
Old 11-01-2020, 12:47 AM

Default former Sudyam Baldwin Phase Iv new owner

1969 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe | S151 | Indianapolis 2009www.mecum.com › lots › 1969-chevrolet-camaro-coupe
Motion Performance Phase III "ZLX" Conversion 427/600+ HP engine . ... Copies of original bill of sale Motion Performance invoices . ... Story about car engine build in Chevrolet Performance Annual 1975 . ... After its restoration, the car was owned briefly by Kevin Suydam and is now in the collection of Chip Wright of Atlanta ...