Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Old 03-03-2024, 03:19 AM

Haven't touched it since pulling the motor. My cheapo HF engine stand doesn't work with the 454- the holes don't line up right and I really don't trust it to hold this thing up.

BUT! I did find out a little more about the car. That converter is a Vega converter. Old school budget trick! Probably going to replace it eventually since they seem to be hit or miss behind a 500hp big block. I was also told the original engine and transmission were sold off so they're probably out there somewhere. I have no desire to purchase them for the car (well, okay, maybe I do- but I'm out of space and money), but if anyone has a 396 or Muncie 4 speed with the partial VIN 399642, you've got my car's original parts.

The fella who built it also said he'd gladly help rebuild it so that'll be cool! I told him I want it set up pretty much as he had it back in the day. I'd put his name out, but I don't know how he'd feel about it. For what it's worth, he's a ProMod racer (and Detroit area guys might know exactly who I'm talking about since Autorama is this weekend)

What I'm thinking is sell my Ram in the spring, daily my Foxbody until I find a cheap beater, and use the money from the Ram to build either this car, or my F-150 (F-150's cheaper to insure, and although it's scrap to 98% of people, I'm psychotically devoted to it- it has tremendous sentimental value, almost as much as the Camaro and Mustang do- it used to be dad's truck. Dad is still shaking his head at me for buying the rustbucket back but the heart wants what the heart wants)
So, not much to report, but I do like learning more about it.

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 03-03-2024 at 04:03 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JRC99 For This Useful Post:
dykstra (03-03-2024), RPOLS3 (03-04-2024), Too Many Projects (03-03-2024)