Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-18-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
Been waiting for an Oklahoma title from a seller for 9 months now.
what is the excuse for the hold up?
Old 12-18-2022, 05:39 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
what is the excuse for the hold up?
He had no title, the truck came out of a personal "collection",(junk yard) and the seller USED to be able to apply for an abandoned vehicle thru his business for a clean title. First, the state told him they had worker shortages from covid, then it seems the rules had changed for getting a title thru the program he used along with the, now, shortage of supplies to make the titles. I talked with him again last week and he assures me I WILL get a clean title, but he has no idea when and won't make any predictions anymore...

It is a '67 C10 roller and I haven't done anything with it, yet, but hope to have it on the road next summer. Guess I have another 6 months, now, to see what materializes.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
x44d80 (12-20-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 09:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,513 Times in 726 Posts

When I bought my new 2021 Tahoe in the fall of 2020, I kept waiting for a paper title to show up in the mail. Finally called the MVD and they told me they no longer issue paper titles unless you specifically request one (and obviously the Chevy dealership does not request them for their customers), otherwise you get an electronic title. Subsequently requested and got a paper title when we opened a Trust and titled our vehicles in the name of the Trust.

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 12-19-2022, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Projects View Post
He had no title, the truck came out of a personal "collection",(junk yard) and the seller USED to be able to apply for an abandoned vehicle thru his business for a clean title. First, the state told him they had worker shortages from covid, then it seems the rules had changed for getting a title thru the program he used along with the, now, shortage of supplies to make the titles. I talked with him again last week and he assures me I WILL get a clean title, but he has no idea when and won't make any predictions anymore...

It is a '67 C10 roller and I haven't done anything with it, yet, but hope to have it on the road next summer. Guess I have another 6 months, now, to see what materializes.
he is telling the truth to all of those. its crazy about them saying they have ran out of the paper for titles, i bought a new truck and titled it a couple of weeks ago and had my new title back to me in less than a week. however the paper did seem different than what it did earlier in the year. they have changed the laws to getting a title. used to file a "title 42" paperwork and could have one in a bit over 30 days. laws have changed and i know guys who have been waiting over 6 months for it to go thru and also they have changed the rules on what you can file one for.
The Following User Says Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
Too Many Projects (12-19-2022)