Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default Re: Current Owner and/or Location of ZL1 #57

I would be happy to own the hugger orange chambered 4 speed ZL1 or the lemans blue white houndstooth Canadian ZL1 before the yellow cars myself.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Yes the LB white H/T car would be stunning... ok so put it before the yellow's... but the Yellow Style trim M22 car is great, especially knowing the engine exists.
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 10-09-2015, 06:19 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firstgenaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was rehashed about a year or two ago on this site the owner wants 100 or 125k for the engine. The car owner knows what he has... one of the most desirable colors with a M22.
As far as ZL1's go the two RS's are the most wanted then the Yellow cars. </div></div>

While it may be steep and &quot;not in the spirit&quot;, I'd probably pay that to make the car whole again

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 10-10-2015, 12:09 AM

Big discussion on TC about The DY ZL1 # 57 earlier this year.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216532
Old 10-12-2015, 12:12 AM

I hope for the sake of the hobby that the car owner and engine owner can arrive at an amicable compromise/agreement.
Old 10-12-2015, 12:25 AM

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,012 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firstgenaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was rehashed about a year or two ago on this site the owner wants 100 or 125k for the engine. The car owner knows what he has... one of the most desirable colors with a M22.
As far as ZL1's go the two RS's are the most wanted then the Yellow cars. </div></div>

While it may be steep and &quot;not in the spirit&quot;, I'd probably pay that to make the car whole again </div></div>

You would pay 120K for that ZL1 engine ?
Old 10-12-2015, 12:41 AM

I look at it this way; the non-numbers engine that resides in the car now is worth a fair amount of money, so buy the original engine and sell the one that is currently installed to offset the cost. Is it a lot of money? Yep! Will it add value to the car? Absolutely, and not just in terms of money. We all know the story of the engine being pulled long ago, and the reuniting will undoubtedly add to the history of this already famous SuperCar! The promotion of the sale of the &quot;wrong&quot; engine might add to the value of that engine, too.......&quot;the engine for sale here once lived in the famous Daytona Yellow ZL-1 that had it's engine switched out when new&quot;........
Old 10-12-2015, 06:40 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firstgenaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was rehashed about a year or two ago on this site the owner wants 100 or 125k for the engine. The car owner knows what he has... one of the most desirable colors with a M22.

While it may be steep and &quot;not in the spirit&quot;, I'd probably pay that to make the car whole again </div></div>

You would pay 120K for that ZL1 engine ? </div></div>

Charley, it has always been my opinion a ZL1 without its original engine is not worth <span style="font-style: italic">anywhere near</span> what one with its original motor should be valued at. We had a discussion before on here before that there are ZL-1's worth north of 1m <span style="font-style: italic">without</span> their born with engine, which I viewed as quite strange bordering on ridiculous. The hobby beats the heck out of a Z's value without its original block, but give a NOM ZL1 a pass on that. I understand the rarity differential and historical aspect, but Jeebus. But I guess every car is worth what someone will pay

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 10-12-2015, 06:44 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firstgenaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was rehashed about a year or two ago on this site the owner wants 100 or 125k for the engine. The car owner knows what he has... one of the most desirable colors with a M22.

You would pay 120K for that ZL1 engine ? </div></div>

Charley, it has always been my opinion a ZL1 without its original engine is not worth <span style="font-style: italic">anywhere near</span> what one with its original motor should be valued at. We had a discussion before on here before that there are ZL-1's worth north of 1m <span style="font-style: italic">without</span> their born with engine, which I viewed as quite strange bordering on ridiculous. The hobby beats the heck out of a Z's value without its original block, but give a NOM ZL1 a pass on that. I understand the rarity differential and historical aspect, but Jeebus. But I guess every car is worth what someone will pay </div></div>

Holding an engine ransom for twice its actual worth just because it belongs to an existing ZL1 Camaro could also be viewed as &quot;quite strange bordering on ridiculous&quot;. I wouldn't give the jerk the 120K either, just on principle.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:45 PM

I would pay $120K to get the original engine for my ZL1. I think its lucky that its even available!
You cant compare this to any other Chevrolet in my opinion.
1984 Camaro z/28 zz4 conversion
1987 Monte Carlo SS original owner