Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Outstanding as usual, looks like your having way to much fun.
Keep the pictures coming, love the ride along
Mike
Old 12-06-2018, 11:37 PM

I was going to comment about the electric pole being used as his anchor post but probably shouldnt get that started.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Jeeze, Bill. Now you tell me! Coincidentally, the telephone poles (amazing that they're still called that when nobody really has telephone lines anymore it seems) are placed almost exactly on the property stake.

With rain moving in, not a good day to pound the remainder of the fence posts in. So what's someone like myself do when it rains? Watch a few movies? Play Candy Crush? Write fake scathing reviews for things I've never used on Google? Nah, although that fake review thing does sound fun! Nope... you move inside the barn and frame out the wife's tack room! The first shots show the sprayed insulation installed on the wall where the room goes. I had both of my entire shops done (walls and ceiling) and just the ceiling and the tack room wall done in the barn. To the left of that room will be horse trailer storage, and located across the main aisle from that will be tractor storage. The whole interior will be trimmed with tongue and groove clear pine stained cedar color with any exposed metal poles wrapped in cedar. Think Budweiser's Clydesdales hangout!! Well.... in my mind that's what it's going to look like. Realistically, I'm just going to put in a few beer taps. Man, speaking of that, go out and try Bud's new beer aged in Jack Daniel's whiskey barrels. OH...EMMM...GEE..... it's freaking good (and I don't like Budweiser) Anywho, where was I?

These are the outer walls and the ends are 14ft high. Pretty scary pushing that wall up there by myself, but where there's a will there's an idiot refusing to ask for help! I got this all done yesterday and today I'll finish by adding the divider wall and vaulted ceiling. A vaulted ceiling you say, huh? Why, yes! I mean, why not? The ceiling will be 8" wide tongue and groove clear pine trimmed with a large center cedar beam and two beams spanned across. I'm going for the "Tack Room of the Year" award from Tack Room Monthly digest!

More to come next week when I finish the fence posts and start installing the crossrails... all 1600 of them...

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
m22mike (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 12:19 PM

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

If I only had your energy.....
markinnaples (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 12:20 PM

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

I would drive myself crazy............
markinnaples (12-07-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 12:49 PM

Having fun, building and living the Dream!

You go Jersey Boy!

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 12-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanks men! Yes, lots going on here. Before I left on this trip I did finish out the tack room. You'll notice the vaulted ceiling in there and it's sort of a structure insidea structure. Either outer side of the tack room is a solid wall floor to ceiling. The back wall will be a stable, and the front wall is the backside of the trailer storage area. Both will be insulated where it meets the room's outline and then sheeted with plywood. The back where the stall will be will also has 2x6 boards for added protection against that errant horse kick. So next week the plumber and electrician are coming out so I can move this along and then finish out the interior.

Yes, there is a missing rafter up there, which is intended so I can roll out insulation on the roof once that half gets the ceiling installed. I can get access to the front though the open wall. The whole exterior of the tack room, tractor and trailer storage areas, as well as the ceiling will be tongue and groove pine with cedar trim. I should have that done by Tuesday!

Stay tuned.... more to come on the next episode of "This F%#%ing pain in the a%# piece of crap House"

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (12-09-2018), Xplantdad (12-09-2018)
Old 12-09-2018, 04:17 PM

If your bottom plate isn't a green plate(doesn't appear to be) I would recommend squirting some bug juice under there to keep carpenter ants and termites at bay.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:25 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Yes, good point! I'll be doing that for sure. The whole thing will be sealed around the walls, floor to ceiling, to prevent anything from flying in and making a nest as well. The exterior wall of the barn adjacent to the interior wall of the tack room will be sealed too.

Home tonight and I'll be turning my attention back to the fence installing the rails. It's going to start having that "ranch" feel! Hot wire on the inside to keep horsies in....hot wire on the outside to keep neighbors out!

Cheers
Dave
Old 12-13-2018, 10:22 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Here's the beginning stages of 1600 2x6x8s going in to give the Flying M Ranch that ranchyness feel that all ranches need! To make quick work of the spacing on the boards, I used two pieces of 2x4s cut to 11-3/4". That'll leave about 1.5" from the top. This will all be painted black in the summer once the wood is all nice and dry.

Of course, as soon as I started this, the septic guys show up, the electrician and plumber show up, and then a few trips to the supply houses were in order. But, I was able to manage to get two rows of fencing done on the one pasture. Today it'll start raining later, so I'll be inside working on the barn and tack room again. I've got the shower, tankless water heater, split A/C-Heat system, terlit, and sink ready to go in once I get all the lines run.

More to come next week!!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (12-13-2018)