Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Thank you all.

I just wanted to take a few minutes out of my day to say, Thank you to all of you for loving this hobby and for making life fun. I turned 53 this year …….. Wow, how time flies, I said goodbye to my Father on 12-15-2016 … ……….. Thought he would be here forever. Life can be hard, but life can also be so wonderful …………. I am so blessed.

I met Kenny Maisano almost 7 years ago, I wanted a Boss 302 Drag Pack car that I had just purchased painted and he was recommended on the Boss 302 Registry website. I contacted him and guess what ………….. He told me he HAD NO INTEREST IN MESSING WITH MUSCLE CARS ANYMORE ……… WHAT! He said he was ready to retire and was winding things down and would be offering Mascar to his employee’s or closing it within the next couple of years. He told me that he had worked very hard for the last 30 years and that he felt his family and retirement was safe and he was ready to relax……………. I thought about it for a few and I said Kenny, if you feel that you and your family are safe and you can retire…………….. Well, then you got to the good part! You can now have fun, you can return to what you love and why you started messing with cars in the first place. He thought about it for a few and said ……….. No I am done!

Well any of you who know me know that, that just does not compute for me, sooooo I thought about it and said, well, if you were to build a Boss 302 car any way you wanted without a budget, what would you do…………… I got him talking about it and within an hour, I had him not only convinced to painting my car, but to completely building me a custom resto-mod Boss 302 Hot Rod …….. YES [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Fast forward 6 years later, 3 MCCAN shows with 10 concourse golds…… an SCR appearance that dropped a few jaws and we are just getting started. We will bring another car to SCR 20 of which we are the title sponsor for the event, we will bring that car and two other very special cars to MCCAN 2017. I am blessed to have some great friends and partners in this wonderful hobby, Kenny, Adam (I have known him for 20 plus years and was honored to be his best man at his wedding) Bret, John, Mike, Danny, Alereo and the great people that have offered their assistance in our journey, people like Kerry, Bob, Charlie, Stefano, Ken, Steve, Doug etc., etc. Thank you all for loving this hobby and for helping to keep it fun……… while busting our balls every now and then [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Wishing you all a fantastic and successful 2017!

1970 Top Secret Very Special Muscle Car in restoration by MASCAR to be unveiled at MCACN 2020

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-03-2017, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Thank you all.

Very well said Scott ....this hobby is great medicine (addiction) to most of us. Your partner in crime Kenny is a mad scientist genius....I am sure at this years SCR20 he will get some great seat time ... he knows his way down the 1/4 mile. If anyone has questions about how to get down the track in what you brought and if Kenny has time please ask him he is a wealth of knowledge . Scott you have put together a top-notch team of dedicated people not only to the hobby but to each other . Life gets complicated but cars seem to put a smile on all gearheads faces. Very well done. Congrats
Old 01-03-2017, 01:41 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Very well said! Kenny is a super cool and down to earth guy as well...like you are!
Old 01-03-2017, 01:47 AM

Well what can I say. I was Definitely burnt out on running a business that was turning into more and more paper work instead of going in the back and repairing cars. That's the collision industry now. It left very few hours to dig into my soul and pull out my deep routed passion for building Hot Rods and Muscle cars. Scott pushed me back or maybe I should use words like Tornado/Hurricane....When Tedro gets his arms around you, Hang on because you are in for a RIDE!!! We have had some great moments and some very stressful times. But I am blessed to call Scott, Family and my Best friend. Looking forward to enjoying 2017.. Building Hot Rods and sharing stories and past memories with this Wonderful and Passionate Automotive Community.

Kenny
Old 01-03-2017, 01:47 AM

Well done Scott.....so sorry for the loss of your Father....my condolences.
See you at SCR 20 [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 01-03-2017, 02:13 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

But we don't even like you guys !!!!!!
Old 01-03-2017, 02:31 AM

Well said:-)

I am so happy you reached out to me to play in your sandbox:-)

Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 01-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

Scott, it nice you, Kenny and crew are living your passion. Also it's great you're sharing those outstanding restorations at MCACN. The Black Boss cougar was over the top and the black 70 W30 looks beautiful. Congratulations for making your passion a reality..... This hobby has given back plenty and is still as rewarding as it was 40 years ago for me....

It make me smile when I hear stories about father and sons so passionate about our hobby. Everything I was into my father was not. He was a development engineer for Boeing everything was black and white. When I was into high fidelity stereo equipment, he would say; &quot;your wasting your money you can't hear 20 -20khz frequency,or tell the difference between .001 or 1% THD&quot;. The same for my cars. He would say &quot;cars are for going from point A to B, nothing more&quot;. The more cars I purchased the more pissed off he'd get. I bring this up to show how lucky you were to share a hobby as long as you had. BTW I had a good relationship with my father, but his strict German up bringing and WW2 perhaps shaped his personality....

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 01-03-2017, 09:47 PM

Great input from all of you, Steve I like your story about your dad. My dad was into cars in the fact, he liked them new, (every 2-3 years), Didnt like frills (hardtops leak), bud did like power. His 56 Dodge Royal had a Hemi, not that he ever knew what it was, every car after that was not up to the 56 until he bought a 68 New Yorker with a 440 ( told him it was a 383 because I dont think he every would have bought it).

Up on bringing in dismal results from my First year at University, my dad told me in a way that I could relate to &quot; son you are never going to afford a car with dual exhaust unless you do better with your education&quot;. Wow did that hit me like a ton of bricks!!!
I started to do better in University, got a good job, bough my 68 Camaro (with dual exhaust) and have never looked back.

My dad and I did not see eye to eye on everything but he sure inspired me with that comment. Years later when I bought my E55 AMG I reminded my dad about what he said to me in 1970. Inspiration comes in many forms.

Paul
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com
Old 01-04-2017, 02:16 AM

Charlie ............. we need a like button, because I would be liking the hell out of these comments ............ with the exception of yours [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] .... and you know you love us hahah.

Wishing you all an amazing 2017 .......

1970 Top Secret Very Special Muscle Car in restoration by MASCAR to be unveiled at MCACN 2020