Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 02-29-2020, 03:11 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts
Default MCACN Trailer Parking for Participants

A common question for participants is how we handle exhibitor trailer parking. I understand that at several major shows the promotor's felt it was not necessary to spring a nominal charge on their participants without a heads-up, which we DO NOT do.

All registered participants get FREE trailer parking at the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show included as part of your entry. We have again secured TWO local lots. We run a non stop free shuttle during move-in and move-out. We provide 24/7 security from Thursday-Monday morning.

Just want to keep everyone in the loop, as the MCACN team feels that communication is key.

As I attend various national events and listen to participants and spectators alike, I never seize to be amazed at the lack of information shared. If anyone has questions or needs clarification on ANY aspect of the MCACN show, please e-mail me directly at [email protected], and either myself or Vicki will provide an answer.

PLEASE use my E-mail as my phone and voicemail is always jammed!

Thanks!

BA
www.mcacn.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
67since67 (02-29-2020), 69 Post Sedan (03-01-2020), ORIGLS6 (03-02-2020), SS427 (02-29-2020)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-29-2020, 03:13 PM

OH..and PLEASE read all the pages of the various things we mail out to you. 95% of all questions we get from participants are clearly covered in our mailings, especially the final move-in packs that are mailed out in October.

Thanks/BA
www.mcacn.com
Old 02-29-2020, 06:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

This note prompted me to ask a question on the subject.

All the communications, and move in information are golden, the show kicks ass at an epic level, but I did run into a slight hick up last year.

I come a day early to help with move in so I get to Chicago at the end of the day on Wednesday so I am ready to rock and roll Thursday morning. When I brought my car as a barn find in 2015 the hotel on the corner allowed all early trucks and trailers to park in their lot whether you stayed there or not. In 2018 when I brought my car for the W31/RamRod display that hotel had changed their policy and I had to find a place to park a 40-50 foot long truck and trailer combo. (Thank goodness my father in law came with me as I had to back up several times as we figured a place to park)

The parking lot manager at the hotel beside the convention center let us park sideways across about 6 spaces and only charged me for about 4 so all ended well.

As soon as Thursday morning hits all the show plans are A-OK and the lots and shuttles are awesome.

I wondered what options are there for Wednesday parking for truck and trailer?

This is a special circumstance but I am sure several of the move in people must also brings cars..... did I miss the memo?

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 02-29-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1969Chevelle View Post
This note prompted me to ask a question on the subject.

All the communications, and move in information are golden, the show kicks ass at an epic level, but I did run into a slight hick up last year.

I come a day early to help with move in so I get to Chicago at the end of the day on Wednesday so I am ready to rock and roll Thursday morning. When I brought my car as a barn find in 2015 the hotel on the corner allowed all early trucks and trailers to park in their lot whether you stayed there or not. In 2018 when I brought my car for the W31/RamRod display that hotel had changed their policy and I had to find a place to park a 40-50 foot long truck and trailer combo. (Thank goodness my father in law came with me as I had to back up several times as we figured a place to park)

The parking lot manager at the hotel beside the convention center let us park sideways across about 6 spaces and only charged me for about 4 so all ended well.

As soon as Thursday morning hits all the show plans are A-OK and the lots and shuttles are awesome.

I wondered what options are there for Wednesday parking for truck and trailer?

This is a special circumstance but I am sure several of the move in people must also brings cars..... did I miss the memo?

Ryan W31
Easy answer; We have the "big" lot from Tuesday on, but security and shuttles do not start until Thursday morning. Due to the simple fact that we have more trailers and rigs every year, and there have been considerably more people coming in earlier, the Crowne Plaza found it necessary to not allow trailer parking onsite, as several years ago their entire lot filled with early arrival trucks with trailers and there were no spaces for arriving guests.

So simple answer; the main Marshalling lot IS available for you for early rig parking.

Thanks for asking!

BA
www.mcacn.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
dustinm (08-30-2022), ORIGLS6 (03-02-2020)
Old 02-29-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashton View Post
Easy answer; We have the "big" lot from Tuesday on, but security and shuttles do not start until Thursday morning. Due to the simple fact that we have more trailers and rigs every year, and there have been considerably more people coming in earlier, the Crowne Plaza found it necessary to not allow trailer parking onsite, as several years ago their entire lot filled with early arrival trucks with trailers and there were no spaces for arriving guests.

So simple answer; the main Marshalling lot IS available for you for early rig parking.

Thanks for asking!

BA
Perfection!

I figured this tidbit would be helpful this coming November.

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan1969Chevelle For This Useful Post:
dustinm (08-30-2022)
Old 02-29-2020, 11:12 PM

Thanked 4,004 Times in 966 Posts

I also am in the habit of arriving on Wednesday, and have been chased out of the C/P.
The big marshalling lot is wide open on Wednesday except for a few Reliable etc. rigs mostly, and no security is un-nerving. My answer, snug up close to a rig where the driver will be present all night, between two is better. Employ multiple locks and chocks, and disable the truck multiple ways. Have adequate insurance in place. It's a 25 minute walk to the hotels.
Don't be the low hanging fruit.
The Following User Says Thank You to 67since67 For This Useful Post:
dustinm (08-30-2022)