Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 11-07-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: AC Delco problems

Yeah, but they'll still have to eat and after all our industry is gone we'll still be the Fast-Food leaders of the World--
Old 11-08-2005, 03:36 AM

I'm a GM tech and things are slow at the dealership were I work. I can't feed my family doing warranty work. It pay's half or less of what a customer would pay. Ed
Old 11-08-2005, 05:53 AM

Pardon me for a second please......

Belair, Friend, You said the magic word... textiles. Everything is pouring in from China and the mid-east. I live in a town that was the largest manufacturer of textiles in the world... not just the USA. Not anymore though... the wrecking ball is knocking everything down that's been there for a hundred years. I guess I shouldn't complain because this is happening all over America in all different types of businesses. But I always have one question and it's the same question over and over... and that is... how can a nation that has to import all of it's things be stronger than a nation that doesn't?

I just heard on CNN about the bird flu vaccine... (not human to human)... production is very low... guess what?... we don't make it here... it all has to be imported. Now that's a perfect example of what I was talking about.

ktownkid

Old 11-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

I just heard on CNN about the bird flu vaccine... (not human to human)... production is very low... guess what?... we don't make it here... it all has to be imported. Now that's a perfect example of what I was talking about.

ktownkid

You can thank the Trial Lawyers for chasing the Vaccine manufacturers and other successful businesses to go either out of business or out of the country because of the Litigation Mentality that is now the norm of Society......I would like to write a book about Lawyers and would call it " The Rapeing of America".........Everyone can see what is happening with Health Insurance today......This is the end result of the unchecked Litigation Mentality that is now the norm.................just my $.02

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 11-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Ken you are right on sir!
The Government over there knows what they are doing...setting China up to be the dominating manufacturing center and when the products that they make hurt mame and kill someone ...just see how far the trial lawyers will get...
The trade imbalance is so lopsided that it costs me $435.00 per container to ship 23 short tons from Charleston SC to Shanghai China. $350 of that is the handling charge in Shanghai! $85 in ocean freight ... To come back it'll cost$4000 though!!!
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 11-08-2005, 08:34 PM

If Pittsburgh can make a comeback, any place can.
Diversify the local economy, roll up your sleves, and get back to work.
This is the American way. We have workers, both salaried and hourly, that can outproduce the pants off of any Chinese (or Japanese) worker. Why do you think that Honda, Toyota, etc. came to this country.
This is the land of opportunity.
Jump at them any chance you can. If you don't know an opportunity when you see it,
KEEP JUMPING.

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Old 11-08-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the American way. We have workers, both salaried and hourly, that can outproduce the pants off of any Chinese (or Japanese) worker. Why do you think that Honda, Toyota, etc. came to this country.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was told this past weekend that GM? is running in overdrive on production as a future UAW strike is looming? Any info on this? looks like the workers should be looking at a cut in pay to save their jobs instead of going on strike otherwise they better start brushing up on there chineese..