Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Thanks for that info Mark.

I did some searching to see if there was an early title listed in their DMV but those attempts came back clear with no titles showing in NC. Also did an InstaVIN report which showed some title information from PA that dates back to 1970, but nothing earlier than that. This morning I called the number above and was transferred to a girl in Antique Vehicles for NC DMV.

They only keep records back to the 90's and that may be why earlier searches came up blank. She took the VIN and is going to request a MicroFilm search on the VIN to see if they have any earlier info on the car that may be in their older MF records. If it's there, she can update the file and share any previous info concerning an original title if it was in fact from NC. She told me it may take a while so I'll wait and see if anything comes from that request. I do appreciate the tip Mark, and will report back if I discover the original title, statement of origin or any possible dealer info.

Fingers are crossed.
That doesn't make sense. I just went through this with the DMV a couple months ago with my 72 Chevelle, they do in fact keep records that far back. She found the original title and paperwork for mine complete with original owner information, but wouldn't share or send any information to me. Her excuse was a privacy act, and since I wasn't the original owner I was not entitled to any of the information. She said laws would only allow her to send this stuff to the original owner.

I hope you have better luck than I did.