Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Removing SOLD cars from the For Sale section!

Thanks Charley good idea, I did not mean to delete the ad, just the comments... congratulations etc days and weeks later. you can still send a PM if you want to make a comment privately
Old 12-18-2015, 05:10 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can begin locking them after they are sold </div></div>

Thank you Charlie for locking the for sale ads. We went through this a few months ago. In addition to being able to look back at sales prices (which is a good thing), it's also not a good idea to let a seller totally delete a for sale ad after selling his (or her) car, or any other items that are sold on the boards. Sellers need accountability for what they sell by letting others see the posting just in case there are problems for the buyer after the sale. Reason being is that there was an ad for a 70 Challenger R/T SE that I saw on the Cuda Challenger site. That member also posted the ad here and on other boards including his own 1970 Chevelle SS 396 454 L34 L78 LS5 LS6 Original/Restored Super Sport Club site. I bought the Challenger and when I received it, it was not as what was described to me. The seller then took off all of his for sale ads on all the boards....just like as if they were never there. Locking an ad is a form of good protection for all buyers.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:13 AM

Brand new here guys, so this is an interesting subject. I read through it and changed my mind at least three times before getting to the end. LOL OK, here is my thoughts, I would say for the integrity of the car industry and this site, locking would be a better transparency and a great reference for other car buyers and sellers. After reading completely through it, it makes one wonder why anyone would not object to just having the (their) ad locked unless trying to cover up something. I agree to lock the listing.

Now on to more important things. I am a true (or use to be) MOPAR guy. That was until after waiting 8 long years for Mother Mopar to make a true drop top muscle car (Vipers do not qualify in this one, sorry). As we all know, it has not happened and is not in the works as yet. So with that all said, I ventured out about a year ago and bought a new Camaro SS. First trip I got just short of 24 MPG and that was not holding back when overtaking the Mustangs!! LOL

Almost forgot, yes it is a convertible and I like it!!

Seems like a great site and hope to meet a few of you guys. thanks Grant