Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-26-2019, 02:30 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Rut Row..

Not surprising,if true
https://www.thedrive.com/news/28680/...planned-report
Attachments - The Supercar Registry the-jetsons-reboot-abc-live-action-sitcom.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-26-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
That's 25 percent fewer than in 2017, prompting chief engineer Al Oppenheiser to go as far as admitting "[the Ford Mustang's] been eating our lunch" in an interview last September.
Ouch..... I think all of the car manufacturers are moving away from cars and sedans and into crossovers and suvs. I believe Ford announced they are getting rid of most of their cars (but keeping the stang) as well.

Cars in general are not selling well as opposed to crossovers, suv's and trucks.

Wonder why GM does not bring back the hummer lineup? I know the Chinese tried to buy the brand a while back and were rebuffed. We had a fleet of them in my company and still have three on the road with +150k on the clocks. One of the best vehicles GM has ever produced as far as utility is concerned. I would buy a fleet again as they got more attention then billboards.

/R
Old 06-26-2019, 01:32 PM

I wonder if GM still thinks the Camaro is taking to many buyers away from the Corvette ??
Old 06-26-2019, 01:36 PM

Thanked 1,379 Times in 670 Posts

Not surprising. The attitude today is, "what have you done for me lately?" and if a business line or product isn't making money, it gets cut. The Camaro is third behind the Mustang and Challenger (a design that's lasted way beyond normal), and that's certainly not helping. I have a 2017 Camaro RS Convertible with the nice wheels that I daily drive, but when it was in for service they gave me an Equinox (I think - small SUV) that I drove to work and the maintenance guy came up to me a couple days later telling me how nice that SUV was that I drove the other day. That would have never happened years ago when cars were more popular. GM will probably kill off the Camaro and when the pendulum swings back to sports cars, bring it back again. Everything in life is cyclical, everything.
John 10:30
Old 06-27-2019, 10:31 PM

Cars are a business; if they make the right money, they stay, otherwise, they go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Unreal For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 12:13 PM

The Camaro won't be canceled, this is just a delay in producing the next generation. Ford did the same thing with the next Mustang as a new vehicle costs each company nearly $1 billion to engineer, design, and implement into production.

The Camaro article here even quotes "citing intel from unnamed sources, is claiming that the seventh-gen Camaro has been delayed, not canceled."

Camaro Source
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...uction-in-2023

Mustang Source
https://www.fordnxt.com/news/next-ge...ut-to-pasture/
The Following User Says Thank You to 72heavychevy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 12:46 PM

Thanked 3,688 Times in 996 Posts

We are in a very rapidly changing auto industry right now. A lot of younger generation kids no longer need or want cars. They can Uber etc. Development of self driving and electric vehicles is progressing at a breakneck pace. I think we will be flooded within a few short years with self driving Uber type vehicles, further lessening the need for a personal car. There is even rapid development of flying drones that will carry people. I think the Big three automakers will be in a world of hurt as it will become easier for others to produce reliable transportation. Imagine 3 D printing a car or drone and adding off the shelf components to power it. That type of stuff is right around the corner.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:58 PM

Whod of though the jetsons would become reality TV. Complete with the kids cellphone.
Attached Images

No Fisher priced toys here
The Following User Says Thank You to the427king For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-2019, 04:24 PM

Thanked 1,231 Times in 576 Posts

Three phases of Social engineering are in play now. current, near future and end game.

Current:

Trucks are being marketed to men as a replacement for cars.

Cross overs are being marketed to Women to replace the van, (the station wagon) and the SUV.

Near Future:

Everything else will be electric. then we will figure out what the industry knows, that the grid and infrastructure will not support charging stations in every house

End Game:

Then ownership of any automobile will be discouraged through regulation and cost.

There you go. Transportation reduced to ride sharing or a form of taxi. Mass transit will be pushed to break through within the culture.

My prediction: In an not too all distant future an internal combustion engine will be as vilified as an AR-15 is today.
Old 06-28-2019, 04:58 PM

Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,147 Posts

Prior to the year 2100,the worlds population will begin to descended.
By 2100,the worlds population & procreation of human beings will spiral downward and never recover.
If you are reading this today,don't worry,you'll be dead by then.