Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2019, 05:23 PM

Default Value of some brake hoses

Hi,
I've been a member of this site for a few years but usually just search without signing in. I'm not trying to sell an item here but would like the members opinion if I'm out of line on my price and what they think is fair. I had offered the items to a couple of high end sellers who either ignored me or said I was crazy in so many words. Okay the items are 2 original '69 Camaro(may fit other GM prod) front disc brake hoses in their original GM wrappers. The part number on the wrappers is 3953294. This part number is listed in the ’69 Camaro assembly manual, page 259, upc J52 A1 item 2, and they have the red lettering, red stripes & rings where the straps attach. I truly believe these should go on a very high end car, i.e. Yenko, COPO, Z/28, etc, where it will be displayed with the wheel off exposing the brake parts. My price was $1800.00 due to being rare. That part is the one in the manual how rare is that. Now I'm not a person who discovered these at a swap meet & wants to make a score, I bought these over 20 years ago as just spare parts for my collector car. I'm now 76 years old and so my need isn't there anymore. I discovered the hoses while going thru my boxes of parts. So if the price is out of line, what do you think is fair? I respect your opinion. clayran
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...