Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-28-2022, 05:26 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I had a ups and fed ex deliveries today. My house is maybe 150 feet from the house and the driveway is a circle and no snow. Fed ex guy stopped in road and left box under a tree next to mail box. In snow and hard to see from the house. Luckily I knew it was coming or I may have never saw my milwaukee leaf blower!!
Old 12-28-2022, 06:03 PM

Thanked 2,948 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
Similar craziness. I had a 1972 Firebird bumper that I sold to a guy in CT. My quote on Fedex ground was $230 to ship it. The buyer said he had a commercial business account with Fedex and would check his price. He plugged in all my info and dimensions of the box. The shipping label cost him all of $85 including oversize charge. So he sent me the label and off it went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billohio View Post
I had a ups and fed ex deliveries today. My house is maybe 150 feet from the house and the driveway is a circle and no snow. Fed ex guy stopped in road and left box under a tree next to mail box. In snow and hard to see from the house. Luckily I knew it was coming or I may have never saw my milwaukee leaf blower!!

Shipping to a business has always been less, but the disparity has gotten ridiculous now. I believe it's because of all the shipping since lock down and the shippers are cashing in.

Bill, I posted about this happening to me a few weeks back. Driver left a $135 case of oil next to my mailbox and I, luckily, saw this happen and retrieved it. I had an expensive gift for my wife shipped to a friends house SIGNATURE REQUIRED. His wife waited at home all day for it and they discovered it on the front step later that evening. Anything I have shipped now, I call and specify NO FEDEX. If they can't ship it with another carrier, I don't buy it.

Complaint websites about this are rampant with missing packages because of this policy. Apparently, it's still cheaper for FedEx to pay all the claims than have the drivers come to the door.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
Billohio (12-29-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 06:47 PM

Thanked 3,998 Times in 964 Posts

Geez, you guys are making me feel pampered!

My garage door is 250+ from the curb. With my blessing, UPS and FedEx whip a U-turn on the driveway and park 10' from the garage door. If the walk-in door is unlocked they will often set it inside the door. Yesterday USPS delivered a box of parts literally two steps from the door.

I still prefer FedEx Ground.

Last edited by 67since67; 12-28-2022 at 06:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 67since67 For This Useful Post:
olredalert (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 07:43 PM

I've solved most of the shipping (actually reciveing) problems by having EVERYTHING sent to my PO box. Ifin they don't want to ship to a PO box, I give them the physical address of the post office and my 'Unit 282' number. Has been working quite well doing it that way since 2006.

This isn't rocket surgery.....
Old 12-28-2022, 09:35 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,134 Times in 913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brown View Post
I've solved most of the shipping (actually reciveing) problems by having EVERYTHING sent to my PO box. Ifin they don't want to ship to a PO box, I give them the physical address of the post office and my 'Unit 282' number. Has been working quite well doing it that way since 2006.
Tracey started to do just that......and it worked like a charm. Now the Postmaster is having a "chit" hemorrhage over it.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:33 AM

Have used Pirateship, very satisfied with them, always competitive pricing. The Military/Service people have been using for some time, that's how I found them
70 L78 Nova Fathom Blue,Bench, 4spd, F41, 3:55
71 Porsche 911 Targa