Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 07-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Taking Supercar to Local Car Shows

Out of curiousity who takes their Supercar to local car shows, how often do you and what sort of an experience is it for you?
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-09-2013, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Taking Supercar to Local Car Shows

I've taken my COPO(supercar? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]) to a couple...most are clueless.
1969 Chevelle 300 Deluxe 427 ZL-1 M 22W
1970 Olds 442 W 30 2 door post
1969 Ply. GTX 426 hemi auto. Blue.
1940 Dodge pick up Durango 4X4
1968 Camaro ragtop LSA ZL1
Old 07-09-2013, 08:19 PM

As you know in the summer months there is a Cruise Night 7 days a week in the Chicago area....since the recession and have not seen too many Super Cars out....but this Summer I have seen many Super Cars....Perhaps car guys are tired of keeping them &quot;Put Away&quot;. Whether I am with my car or a clients car.....I always get nervous with the &quot;Baby Strollers&quot;, Moms and kids. Al is correct, people are clueless.....especially with the value if these cars.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 PM

I have a copy of the Window Sticker stuck on each cars window and a copy of the Build/Broadcast sheet on top of each dash and it really sets my car apart from the rest.

Most times I do not get asked any questions as the documents speaks for itself. One thing I can't stand is when people say &quot;NICE CUDA or NICE CHARGER&quot;
in my head I am saying &quot;IT IS A CHALLENGER YOU MORON, READ THE EMBLEMS&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

For the most part everyone knows what the Chevelle is!
I have a great time at Cruises and only go to about 3 of them in one week. Used to go to those Mall cruises but I stay away from those as they attract all the nim rods with baby strollers, bicycles and kids that like to hang off the side off your door while the parents just stand there and say nothing. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]

Just like in the Chicago area, Toronto in the summer has a few every night of the week [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 PM

Yes Dan you are correct, i've been to about (6) total so far but i always enjoy Lombard at the Harris Bank canopy between the Chevelle guy's and the Camaro guy's thoes are some great memories.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 PM

At the Barrington Car show we attended I had to keep a real close eye on this lady so she wouldn't devalue any Chevy's, the Ford guys didn't do a very good job of keeping her away from this Shelby..:-)

Ryan

PS: There were some strollers an jacket zippers flying around at that show.....Yikes.

Optical illusion, no rears touched this Buick.

These ladies looked like they were going to lean back on this ole Buick but there was close monitoring of this bad boy.

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 07-10-2013, 12:12 AM

What's up with the Jeep parked next to you.
Maybe he is going to give you a door ding. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Those ladies have some nasty purse buckles hanging there.
That's a hot looking momma looking at your Shelby [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Here is a photo of my car at my favourite cruise right in my home town of Bolton Ontario at the &quot;Canadian Tires&quot; parking lot every Thursday night.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2013, 12:37 AM

You have to watch those women with the big purses,they do more damage than they realize.There are alot of hot women at that cruise everyweek.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:32 AM

Ryan,

&quot;PS: There were some strollers an jacket zippers flying around at that show.....Yikes&quot;

Priceless!

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 07-10-2013, 03:42 PM

You guys hit on a &quot;soap box topic&quot; of mine with these local car cruise nights. Your right, there are so many clueless people that have absolutely no idea what they are looking at or even know what the values are of these cars. My Nova has a reproduction dealer window sticker in it and seems to attract almost every spectator and their brother. There is usually two individuals looking at the sticker and the one will start explaining to the other the details of the sticker. They start pointing at stuff putting fingerprints all over the glass, then I love when you get the question from them with this stupid $hitty grin on their face and ask &quot;is this your car?&quot; Then here it comes... &quot; I'll give you the exact dollar amount for the car that the window sticker says it's worth&quot; HA HA.. Talk about ignorant.. They think they are being funny... I wish I had just a nickel for every time I heard that stupid comment.. They also think the window sticker is original.. It's like Yeah, Ok the paper held up that well over the last 43 years!!

The other thing I love is when you get the know it all examining your car telling you this could not be a real SS car because &quot;they NEVER put bench seats and column shift automatics on SS cars.&quot; One evening Big Steve (68l30) and myself were at a car cruise and this dummy told Big that there was &quot;NO WAY&quot; that GM or Chevrolet would have mounted an 8 track player on top of the center counsel which is on Big's 68 Camaro. Big just stated &quot;you got me, you found it I did take that out of a Ford Mustang and mounted it there!&quot; I about died laughing... Then some other idiot asked he and I if one of us was Roger and the other Dean because Big's car came from Roger Dean Chevy and has a dealer badge on it from same... The sad thing is these people were serious!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif[/img]

Then there is just the touchy feely and get too close people with the baby strollers or dogs and dog leashes.. I was at a show recently when this knucklehead wrapped his dog's leash around the bumper guard of my friend's old Chevy. You have to constantly remind them about same... Every once in a while there is a breath of fresh air and you get someone who is a true car enthusiast and knows what the cars are and what they are looking at.. I really enjoy talking to those folks of course because you can have an intelligent conversation with them without being asked such ignorant questions.

Below are some of my most favorite ignorant questions or comments:

-&quot;if you were to sell this car now how much would you sell it for, what is it worth&quot;

-&quot;Oh man you should take this thing to Barrett Jackson&quot;

-&quot;How fast is this thing&quot;

-&quot;My brother's uncle's friend had one of these only it was blue and I think was a four door, didn't they make these in four doors&quot;

- &quot;Do you drive this everyday&quot;

- &quot;Did you buy it new&quot; (Maybe I look that old I don't know)

I could go on and on.... To me this is cheap entertainment, I just sick back and laugh... It seems more of this goes on at local evening cruise inns or when there is a local car show on a Saturday or Sunday in a store parking lot. When you have larger, specific shows is when you usually have just &quot;car people&quot; there with their cars or true enthusiasts in attendance....

My rule of thumb is that unfortunately you have to stay and babysit your car at some of these cruise inns and shows because of this behavior unless you like fingerprints or scratches... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/scholar.gif[/img]

Just my .02 Rich