Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Supercar Reunion

Old 07-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Banned

Thanked 1,487 Times in 609 Posts
Default Thank you!!!

First I want to say a huge thank you to EVERYONE involved with making the reunion what it is. I was fortunate enough to hear about the first one when it was in Hendersonville and again twenty years later able to visit it again. Although the rain had killed the day for racing I want to give a tremendous THANK YOU to Scott and ALL the Mascar guys for sticking around and allowing us to race after the weather decided to give us a few hours of fun. I had given Scott crap in other threads about survivors and restorations.. Let me be clear. We as Americans & car people can have different opinions and disagreements but as stand up guys and all around great people the Mascar boys are some great dudes that brought a badass AMC.. You guys went up 4 or 5 notches in my book.. Again thank you. Doug, Tom, Jamie, Kurt, Paul and others I was able to meet and talk to as well. All great people and I appreciate you taking the time to talk and hang out. I also wanna thank my bros, my buds, my homies.. Chris, Kasey and Nuge. I wouldn't have planned on going originally if it weren't for you guys. Last and certainly not least is my wife.. After all the bs that happened to me with getting the car up to BG to go racing from my truck breaking down, to the trailer I was borrowing having flats with no spares and lastly having other issues; my wife told me to suck it up, throw your drag radials in your back seat and all the tools you will need and drive the damn thing the 70 miles to Bowling Green and have fun.!!!. Even though I absolutely sucked it out there on the track I had more fun hanging out with old and newly found friends doing what we all love to do which is about the hobby of cars.. Thank you all and I look forward to next year and redeeming my lack luster performance.. For everyone that I did not have the opportunity to meet and talk with my sincere apologies and hopefully next year!!

The Following User Says Thank You to cook_dw For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (08-07-2017)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 07-29-2017, 05:46 PM

Very cool post, Darrell. Yes, the MASCAR boys helped us all have a bit more fun and deserve many thanks. Had a great time and already looking forward to next year!
The Following User Says Thank You to Pusher_Man For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (08-07-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 09:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

It was a great time, we will be back next year and every year as long as this event is planned. Thank you to everyone that came and participated Hope to see you all in Rosemont in November. And Darrell Cook, respect buddy, great talking with you and racing with you

1970 Top Secret Very Special Muscle Car in restoration by MASCAR to be unveiled at MCACN 2020

The Following User Says Thank You to RST For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (08-07-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 11:05 AM

Thank you Scott and the Mascar Family....Ken, Adam and the gang.
Old 07-30-2017, 03:07 PM

As the others have posted, thanks to Scott for getting us some track time, and the MASCAR crew on making some nice runs in the AMC.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:29 PM

Thanks to all you guys that posted photos and videos, and especially those of you that ran your cars in those videos. This is such a cool event! No coincidence that this is the best site ever. I hope I can participate one of these years... but it's smack in the middle of our precious short summer season, so it always competes with family vacation time.

Darrell, great heartfelt post you made. Oh, to only have a 70 mile drive to be there! Glad you listened to your wife's solid advice. Now you'll have some detailing to keep you busy until next year...
Old 08-03-2017, 01:04 AM

What a GREAT event ! Thank You to Doug, Amy, Jamie, Tom, Dennis and ALL that devoted a lot of time and energy to make this event happen ! I can remember my first Reunion in Hendersonville Tn. Hosted by Cliff Ernst.. Feels like yesterday ! This Reunion holds a special spot in my heart of having my car finally make its appearance. Though it may NOT be a Supercar.. It is my first car of 32 years. And the quest for another Yenko is NOT out of reach for the man who bleeds YENKO. I have cars up my sleeve still to this day and I will have another.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Yenko For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (08-07-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 01:22 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Tom , Doug , Jamie and everyone who was involved in bringing this awesome event to our area A BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!! Special thanks to the mascar group for being the title sponsor again and getting the track opened back up after the rainout ! on a personal note a big thank you to my good friend Chris Clark for all the hard work on my old beater l78 Camaro, and my best friend Benny Duvall for painting my added stinger hood. It had been about 40 years sense I had made a pass down the track and I know it showed but I had a blast because of all of you! Everyone please remember all the sponsors and use them when you can because without them this would not be possible. thanks everybody for making this old man feel like a kid again for a few days! Nugeusa1/ Greg Nugent
The Following User Says Thank You to nugeusa1 For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (08-07-2017)