Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > In Memoriam

Old 01-17-2024, 03:54 PM

Thank you for the lead on Cheryl. I left a mssg at the dealership Sunday. First thing Monday morning I received a call from her. I spent a half hour on the phone with her and her brothers involvement as Bader Chevrolet. She said that Jack was an employee at the Fontana dealership as a technician. He was the in house engine builder and dyno tuner for their performance shop. She remembered the car but little to add. She left the dealership but the bros took over when dad retired. The dealership move to several location before it was sold to a new owner. One of the brothers in now deceased but she gave a number for the other and an employee of Bader. I have not been able to contact the brother as yet. He apparently doesn’t have voicemail setup on his phone. The other person didn’t have any information to add but will contact me if something comes up.

Cheryl was an absolute delight to speak with. She said she was 80 years young and said she was “High Perfomance Chevrolet, all the way!” She was genuinely interested in my efforts to resurrect the car from what remains. I have multiple lines on the missing pieces I’m needing to build an accurate tribute.

If anyone has further information to share regarding the Jack Bader Z-11 or his involvement at Bader Chevrolet during the early ‘60s please feel free to share it. Even the smallest seemingly insignificant piece of information can lead me in a new direction.
no matter how insignificant

I wish to acknowledge Robert L , my longtime HS friend, for whom the acquisition of these rare pieces would not have occurred. He helped to save some very rare parts and keep them intact as a package so they didn’t get pieces out and scattered into the wind with their history becoming forever lost. This project will move forward
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bayer Z-11 For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (01-17-2024), 69M22Z (01-17-2024), Bill Pritchard (01-17-2024), dykstra (01-20-2024), PeteLeathersac (01-17-2024), ragtop (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 04:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,022 Times in 414 Posts

Cool.. I'm glad you made the call and found some further avenues to explore. Best of luck with the project.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,513 Times in 726 Posts

Another Jack Bayer link in this thread...

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=158769

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 03-06-2024, 05:42 AM

It was brought to my attention on the 348-409 Website that the pics of Ranger II are not that of the jack Bayer /Bill Bader Chevy Z-11. The cars Are very similar in appearance but it was noted that the Ranger II is a ‘63 Impala SS with a radio as seen by the antenna on the right rear quarter panel. Though the overall paint schemes Ana’s lettering are quite similar on there layout.

I’m still looking for more family information re Jack Bayer. I have been in contact with Cheryl Bedford in Lompoc She was an absolute delight to talk with. But she didn’t have much information to share about Jack Bayer. Jack was the tuner and engine builder in the performance shop at Bader Chevrolet.

Ive made several attempts to contact Larry Minor but reached a dead end.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayer Z-11 For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (03-06-2024)