Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-19-2019, 03:15 PM

So many TRUTHS being said here. I get calls and emails about the same thing regarding 66/67 SS Chevelles that are either FOR SALE. SOLD. or at AUCTION. Why did that one sell so cheap ? or why did that one sell so high? and all things inbetween.

I watch cars sell that I know are restamps. Some Good restamps. Some Obvious restamps. And there's no rhyme to reason why people buy some of these cars with or without verification. Alcohol. Deep Pockets. Stupidity. or Blind Belief that an authentication report is Gospel. Sometimes the in person viewing does show a car that's as nice as it appears, but we aren't always privy to seeing the tags, the stamps, the docs, or verification reports. Often, those in the know.... Don't bid because they have knowledge others do not. Some times it's just ego, or the I LOVE IT, GOTTA HAVE IT... that makes one sell and another not, so many factors. But in the end, I'd never base a SOLD car or its price on what I've not seen or don't know. Mom said do your homework..... For good reason
The Following User Says Thank You to MYSTERYCHEVELLE For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (01-19-2019)