Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 01-26-2019, 01:10 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1969 Chevelle Bolt ID

I am in the process of putting together my 69 Chevelle SS convertible (Baltimore built) and need some help ID these bolts and nuts. I believe they are to mount the inner fender to the Rad Core support. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry DAB3626F-6FED-4506-AEBE-0AFB3B6CA7FD.jpeg 1969 chevelle SS convt wheel well to rad support 7.jpg 1969 chevelle SS convt wheel well to rad support 6.jpg 1969 chevelle SS convt wheel well to rad support 5.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-26-2019, 02:19 AM

The J nuts are definitely from the front of the inner fenders where they mount to the core support. Are the bolts same diameter as the J nuts? The bolt that fastens the brace that goes from the lower front fender to core support is a bit longer and has a captured washer. I’ve got a picture from my survivor. I’ll see if Ican post it here.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2019, 12:55 PM

The bolts are the same size and i had them in the same bag. I lost the note that had the location on it . I vaguely remember them from the inner fender location. I have 7 of the same bolts and 4 of the J nuts. Do you have any additional pictures of the inner fender core support mounting - especially in the front ? You are correct about the support brace bolts being longer ..I have those ( and properly marked) this is the problem with putting together a car you took apart over 20 years ago. Thank you so much for you input and knowledge

Also....do you have a picture of the original throttle cable bracket ..mine was missing when i purchased the car . Thanks
Old 01-26-2019, 01:12 PM

I'm out of town at the moment and can get some additional pix when I get back. From parting cars in the past, there were a lot of inconsistencies with bolt lengths for this application. Look up the throttle cable bracket number and search for it on eBay. As I recall, these come up for sale often.

Last edited by Woj; 01-26-2019 at 01:58 PM.