Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-15-2019, 05:00 PM

Chuck you know that is right!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
69 COPO CHEVELLE 4 SPEED #S MATCH
69 COPO CAMARO #S MATCH SURVIVOR (BLACK)
69 COPO CAMARO (BLACK)
55 GASSER L88 4 SPEED
66 NOVA "UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
70 440 SIX PAK CHALLENGER SUPER STOCKER
2001 RVW/LDR TRANS AM 1020" BBC 8 SYSTEMS
Old 03-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,293 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the427king View Post
Had this been a supercar for sale thread instead of parts with no price ,there would be a swarm of people en route to the sellers address looking for every clue as to where the seller lived , what tree was in the pics and whos neighborhood it was... We are to believe that these potential buyers are all trying to get there first simply so they can ensure the seller doesnt get taken advantage of by the next guy. They will then tell him what top dollar is, and then give it to him
Agreed...seen it many many times...and some of those people are on this site. They call it helping....I call it ...helping themselves.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:19 PM

Thanked 1,293 Times in 502 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel View Post
Agreed...seen it many many times...and some of those people are on this site. They call it helping....I call it ...helping themselves.
Some Supercars it takes years and years of patience to buy. Some guys can’t wait that long. Most owners are offended by LOW BALL offers...just ask them for yourself....I guess when you want a steak dinner ...you shouldn’t expect to pay for a bologna sandwich.

Last edited by Copo_Cartel; 03-16-2019 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Typing error
Old 03-16-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copo_Cartel View Post
Let’s just say...there are parts guys out there on THIS site that want to resell your parts ....do your homework before getting taken advantage of...I see it all the time ...no one sticks up for the little guy. I am not interested in the parts but want to explain to you ...don’t get taken advantage of...I am sure this post will be deleted ...so I will screen shot it. I believe in doing the right honest thing.

In this day in age with the price of rare cars and parts it is the responsibility of both the seller and buyer to do there homework. If that means finding someone who knows more about something than you do so be it. In my opinion there is no reason anyone should get taken advantage of unless you don't take the time to learn about the car, product or service they are you are buying or selling.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nasblu For This Useful Post:
Copo_Cartel (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 04:12 PM

This sure does bring back memories. It was 2005, I wanna say and noticed a Gold 69 Yenko Camaro for sale. I knew a board member was looking for one and I notified him about it. He asked if I would look it at for him cause it was closest to me then him. So why wouldn't I. As I was looking into this car I received a phone call from a fellow board member to and I quote.. abort mission, I have someone interested. So I should back off cause you say so.. Really !? That's just one of many I could tell ya's
Old 03-16-2019, 09:21 PM

You have some great parts there.A lot of people use Ebay as to what the part is worth.Problem is it's not what the part is worth or selling for,it's what sellers asking.Sellers are biased and usually want too much.When I am selling a car I go into Ebay and check off completed auctions in the filters on the left hand coloum.That will tell you what the part actually sold for.It might be hard to find examples of your stuff selling as that stuff is rare.
Great situation to be in Good luck.