Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2021, 05:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 69 COPO Camaro Restoration Info

I am early in the process of restoring a 69 COPO Camaro and have a couple of questions someone here can probably help clear up.
In the drivers side trunk/wheelwell area I have some holes which appear to have been spot welds at one time but were ripped out of the metal. The do not appear to have been drilled. They are located just above the drivers side trunk body plug. Does anyone know of anything the would have been originally mounted in that area? I am in the process of welding up non original holes from previous owners and don't want to fill in something that is supposed to be there.
Second question, same area, fame rail, two square blocks of metal are welded there. I believe one is for mounting exhaust, but I don't know about the one just to the left of it. Does anyone know if the square of metal to the left side is supposed to be there?
I will try to post pictures, but this is my first post so I will see if I can figure it out.
FYI, the yellow you see on the car bottom was put there by the original owner. He said they scraped off all the undercoating and seam sealer they could find one weekend and saved themselves 80 pounds at the drag strip. He said it was painted with yellow refrigerator paint to keep it from rusting.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached Images

Attachments - The Supercar Registry YSC_3.jpg YSC_2.jpg YSC_1.jpg IMG_3501.JPG
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...