Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Old 11-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: '69 Chevelle

Dan, you are correct although it took probably my worst car related decision to make my best!

Yesterday I was able to do a deal with the guy I sold this '69 to and bought the car back, almost 2 1/2 years on. I have had 4 or 5 cars in the meantime but have come to the conclusion that a '69 Chevelle is the car for me. I was fortunate that the guy I sold it to has become a friend and is a straight up, honest, real car guy. It was not for sale but I made him a fair offer for what is a nice, documented car and since he has 2 other cars in his stable and a one is a 75% finished project, he accepted. I will be picking it up this weekend and cannot wait!
Old 11-25-2015, 12:05 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan, you are correct although it took probably my worst car related decision to make my best!

Yesterday I was able to do a deal with the guy I sold this '69 to and bought the car back, almost 2 1/2 years on. I have had 4 or 5 cars in the meantime but have come to the conclusion that a '69 Chevelle is the car for me. <span style="color: #FF6600"><span style="font-weight: bold">I was fortunate that the guy I sold it to has become a friend and is a straight up, honest, real car gu</span>y. </span>It was not for sale but I made him a fair offer for what is a nice, documented car and since he has 2 other cars in his stable and a one is a 75% finished project, he accepted. I will be picking it up this weekend and cannot wait! </div></div>

Just as I think of You [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 11-25-2015, 12:50 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan, you are correct although it took probably my worst car related decision to make my best!

Yesterday I was able to do a deal with the guy I sold this '69 to and bought the car back, almost 2 1/2 years on. I have had 4 or 5 cars in the meantime but have come to the conclusion that a '69 Chevelle is the car for me. <span style="color: #FF6600"><span style="font-weight: bold">I was fortunate that the guy I sold it to has become a friend and is a straight up, honest, real car gu</span>y. </span>It was not for sale but I made him a fair offer for what is a nice, documented car and since he has 2 other cars in his stable and a one is a 75% finished project, he accepted. I will be picking it up this weekend and cannot wait! </div></div>

Dan </div></div>

I appreciate that Dan and don't worry I will be using that friendship to come calling on your wealth of knowledge to further refine this '69 SS 396 Chevelle. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2015, 01:11 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Damien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan, you are correct although it took probably my worst car related decision to make my best!

Dan </div></div>

I appreciate that Dan and don't worry I will be using that friendship to come calling on your wealth of knowledge to further refine this '69 SS 396 Chevelle. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

</div></div>

I would be upset if YOU DID NOT ASK FOR MY HELP.....I am looking forward to it [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan

Old 11-25-2015, 01:13 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Congrats...again, Damien!
Old 11-25-2015, 03:20 AM

Thanks guys. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
I will post a couple of pics when I pick it up over the weekend.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:30 AM

You're going to have a FUN SUMMER [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan

Old 11-29-2015, 09:25 PM

Yesterday was the day for pick up and it was there ready and waiting........

All went well until I got home and I was greeted with this within 20 minutes!

So a quick change of wheels and tires then out to take a couple of quick pics.

It drives much better than I remembered due to the ceramic clutch being swapped out and also the addition of a hydraulic roller camshaft replacing the previously too large for the combo hydraulic camshaft. A couple of things in the wind for me are lowering the front some to have it sit right and the removal of the side stripes as this car did not come with stripes from the factory. It also came with what look to be vintage TT D wheels, although I couldn't find any markings on the rear to confirm this, with the Diamond Back redlines I sold with the car. The redlines will be swapped out and put on SS style wheels to go back on the car. It also needs a really good clean and detail inside and out, but this week the concentration is on getting the car registered so we can start to use it again.
Summer is upon us!
Old 11-29-2015, 10:29 PM

Damien,

I am so happy that you got her back.....she looks great.....and will only get better in your great hands.

I have another great car that was recently reunited with previous owner. I will share this on a separate thread.

CONGRATS Damien......on getting her back [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Dan

Old 11-29-2015, 11:29 PM

.... Wow ... Nice Chevelle

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]