Old 01-30-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: The Face of Greed

Funny satan picture though LOL
Old 01-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Amy Sparks makes certain she puts her hands all over the bidders, and when the auction's over they get a hug and then she bolts-off to the next bidder.
She's a glorified lap dancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be great if someone slipped a dollar bill in her belt after he won the high bid? Is there anyone there we know, who can do that today??? I'll even pitch in the $1 bill. Hell, I'll match whatever bill (except Bill Clinton) you slip to her and donate it this site.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 PM

Yep, that open bar pays off in spades...just like Vegas. Whiskey loosens up babes and bidders....and both end up getting screwed.
02 SS 23mi. 500 ci
Old 01-30-2005, 07:57 PM

Ah, come on guys! The poor guy is only making 8% Off you and the other guy each WOW!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watch the market for '73-'77 GM A & F bodies over the next few years. They're cheap now, but the high-end auction boys are gonna wreck THAT too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The decal cars of the '70's are already taking off. The average guy can no longer afford a '55-65K z-28 so that's where they are heading.
77-79 Roadrunners type cars are getting hot.as with Pontiac Can ams, etc etc
Old 01-30-2005, 08:27 PM

Greed? No one forces someone to sell their car at B-J. Craig Jackson's rules are up front for all to read beforehand. If you don't like his terms then sell it elsewhere. The greed is on both sides if you want to use that term. Greedy sellers want to cash-in for the max amount on their cars and Craig Jackson is their 'enabler.' If you had to haggle the price of a car you were selling in your driveway you probably wouldn't get as much for it as you could at B-J. I guarantee you that not one seller will ever tell a buyer: "You know what? 150,000 is just too much for this car so I'm going to let you have it for 100,000." C'mon guys! Craig Jackson is a business man just like millions of others. I think what's at play here is the emotion we all invest in our "hobby." Bidders yell out with all their emotion if they want a car bad enough. Don't agree? Look at Ferrari Guy bidding on the 3-million '54 Olds concept car. He was crying after the hammer dropped! So, that same emotion trickles down to the lowly TV viewers (like most of us) who will never be able to drop 155K on a '67 435 Corvette. It irks us that we can't just go out and buy one for what we think it should be worth.

There isn't one person on this forum who wouldn't hold out for as much as they could get for their car, especially at a place like B-J. In one breath we lament escalating prices, an in the next breath we expect to get similar money for our own car when we sell it. Craig Jackson isn't in this to be nice, he's in it to make money and he doesn't hide that. Don't like it? Don't play.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:48 PM

I think they said there were around 900 cars willing to sell at no reserve and 400 cars people wanted to sell with a reserve. They(BJ) chose to only allow the 900 cars with no reserve in the auction. So that's where the greed part comes in. I wonder how many sellers had to buy back their own car and pay the 16% commission on top of it. But it sure seems like it's more bogus cars, clones and street rods vs real documented musclecars.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they said there were around 900 cars willing to sell at no reserve and 400 cars people wanted to sell with a reserve. They(BJ) chose to only allow the 900 cars with no reserve in the auction. So that's where the greed part comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but it's still Craig Jackson's show and if he wants to put on a good show then cars must sell. Yeah, it'd be nice to "troll" a car at B-J with no intention of selling just to see what it might be worth, but again, Craig Jackson isn't in this for trollers, he's in it to make a buck. Refusing the Reserve cars is his way of separating the wheat from the chaff and he doesn't hide that fact. As a pure business venture I don't blame him one bit.

Morality? Well yes, you could morally attack Craig Jackson all day long for wanting to make money but who among us doesn't like to make money? If you want to get on a moral high-horse then offer to work for free during the month of February. Your boss would jump on that deal, wouldn't he? Good business people aren't in the morals business and that's why the term "business ethics" usually results in snickers and replies of "yeah, right" from the crowd. If Craig Jackson did charity work he'd go broke.

It's a damn shame that I can't go out and buy the muscle car of my dreams for $5,000, but I sure as hell wouldn't sell that same car for any less than the maximum amount that I could get for it. Life is just unfair.

Is this horse dead yet?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:47 PM

Attached Images

Old 01-30-2005, 11:26 PM

I think what he's guilty of is commercializing the hobby we love. It's now sheik for rich guys to own a muscle car or two and guys like us are left in the dust drooling over pictures of cars we'll never own. JMHO