Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Other Muscle

Old 07-27-2004, 01:39 AM

Default Re: financing an AAR

Thanks TDW, Yes, I am psyched. I just hope it doesn't fall off the trailer on the way home. Terry, I like the way this "mortgage plus" thing works because I get to deduct the interest. I did consider the credit union shares and even borrowing against my 401k but I'm happy with the way things worked out. Marc
Old 07-27-2004, 06:54 AM

Thats what counts, as long as you are happy! Wish you all the luck with it. BTW, where in Maine? I lived up there for 6 months and got familiar with a few places.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:39 AM

Terry, The AAR is near the Canadian Border near Fort Kent. It looks like my buddies and I are going there the last weekend in August. I initially was worried they would back out of the deal but I have been assured they have lost total interest in the car. The brothers I am getting the car from have both started families since buying it and the money means more than the car right now. I have been researching the AAR through books and the internet. Herd, has a Challenger/Cuda restoration guide (I also own the Chevelle restoration guide he wrote, however, one thing the book lacks is color pictures and surface finishes. For example, I know the rear-end is gloss black but what is it? Is it powder coated or is it a paint. That's just an example guys I'm not looking for the answer to that question but rather the source I can find that info. I would love suggestions like that. Thanks so much for all the interest everyone here has shown in my AAR. I have definately found a home here. Sincerely, Marc
Old 07-28-2004, 04:04 AM

Know exactly where Fort Kent is, long haul thats for sure, but I am sure it will be very well worth it. Already is since it is yours
Old 07-28-2004, 05:24 AM

Give Galen Govier a call. If I were you I would purchase his Production and options code 69-71, Part and Casting Numbers book 62-74 and the 1970 Plymouth Cuda Option and Accessories Report. They all contain a wealth of information and detailed info you will need for your restoration. His contact info is as follows
Galen Govier
37002 Sand Burr Lane
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821
phone 608-326-6346
website www.gvgovier.com
Hope this helps
Old 07-29-2004, 04:09 AM

Thanks DaJudge, that's the kind of info. I'm looking for! I've heard of the famous GG but I didn't realize he sold guides and stuff. I thought he just authenticated cars. I'm on my way to his website now. Marc
Old 08-16-2004, 07:32 AM

You can also check out Registries like www.aarcuda.com

I know it was just a hypothetical question ... the rear panel is not gloss black but is organosol black, same as the hood.

--------------------------------------------------------
www.aarcuda.com - Home page of the 1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda
Old 08-16-2004, 07:40 AM

Thanks for popping in.....looks like a great registry with lots of info......
Old 08-19-2004, 02:02 AM

Thanks AAR, I will check out that site. These guys are getting cold feet however. I have the cash in hand right now. One of the brothers actually got emotional when my buddy was talking to him about picking the car up. I can't fault a guy for being attached to a car. My first car was a 73 Nova SS 4 sp. I had the car 18 years and my cousin bought it new. I sold it 4 years ago and kick myself to this day. If I can get attached to a 73 Nova I can see his feelings for his AAR. If the deal doesn't go through I want to find a 69 Nova BB 4sp. with a bench seat. I asked Charlie about that Brown one he had a while back but it's long gone. I am looking to spend 15K for the car itself and put another 10K into it over the next year. This may be a tall order. All the cars I find in decent shape are 25K to 36K. I'm talking like my deal has fell through but I won't know for sure until Friday 8/20. The "attached" brother said he would give his decision then. If not I think I'm in the right place to look for that Nova! Sincerely, Marc
Old 08-19-2004, 10:35 AM

You can also check out www.transamcuda.com It is also another AAR Registry. And you can also go to The All E-Body Web Board a place just for E-Bodies 70-74 The sites listed on here can help out with any questions you might have. While Galen Govier is known in the Mopar hobby he also charges for his time. I would only use him as a last resort.