Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 10-31-2004, 07:29 AM

Default Re: L78 on LMC

[ QUOTE ]
Oh boy, back to this car!

The dash bezel is interesting, we are trying to figure out why some dashes received more/less chrome edging than others. It appears to be both a year change thing, and an interior option change thing.

The trim tag is spot on, as there is no 1,2,or 3 on the bottom row. This number would indicate how many body moldings the car should have, in this case, none! The moldings would be drip rail, door frame, body side, or rocker. A 2 or a 3 on the bottom row would indicate some combination of the moldings.

Thanks Manishnark

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... could it be that mine has no chrome at all because of the radio delete option? In Greg's post where he has links to the 3 pics of the dash ( Chrome Dash Trim), they all have a spot for the radio...

Manish
Old 10-31-2004, 07:33 AM

Hey Now!!!
Balloonknot!!!
Old 10-31-2004, 09:16 AM

I have never seen a plain back original bezel. Even the radio delete bezels followed the same three styles. The chrome was really vacuum metalized aluminium. This finish was easly cleaned off with some of the harsh household cleaners used since the car was made.

Greg
Old 10-31-2004, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh boy, back to this car!

The dash bezel is interesting, we are trying to figure out why some dashes received more/less chrome edging than others. It appears to be both a year change thing, and an interior option change thing.

The trim tag is spot on, as there is no 1,2,or 3 on the bottom row. This number would indicate how many body moldings the car should have, in this case, none! The moldings would be drip rail, door frame, body side, or rocker. A 2 or a 3 on the bottom row would indicate some combination of the moldings.

Thanks Manishnark

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know... could it be that mine has no chrome at all because of the radio delete option? In Greg's post where he has links to the 3 pics of the dash ( Chrome Dash Trim), they all have a spot for the radio...

Manish

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a factory chromed radio-delete dash bezel. There used to be one in my '70. I still have pictures of that part if anyone wants to see it.