Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: E-Bay '69 Yenko Disguised As a Z-28 Clone!

bring the car to the MCACN...it could be analyzed and discussed at length.

some of us could really learn from the experience

only half kidding [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2010, 08:06 PM

Camarojoe,
I want to start off by saying I do not intend on putting you on the defensive but why do you believe the body may be original to 616414?
Here are a couple of things that do not make it plausable for me:
If the firewall in fact was replaced because of an accident and assuming the subframe under the car is original to 616414, how do you explain that? I have seen many cars over the years and if a car is hit hard enough to warrant replacing the firewall, how does the subframe survive and still be complete and usable especially with the stabalizer bar still intact and usable? I don't but it. In addition to that, whenever I have seen a car that has been hit so hard that the firewall needed to be replaced, there is usually so much other structural damage to the car that it is just not worth fixing. I have been hit head on in a 69 camaro and there was damage to the firewall so I know what else is affected. It includes the subframe, floor pans, rockers, complete door jams and roof not to mention other areas. The accident theory does not add up and neither would rust.
Bergy has also stated that he has found ralley green paint on the back half of the car. Were are the photos? These would certainly lend credence to the claims but still would be inconclusive. I for one would like to see RG paint on the back half. It's as simple as looking under the filler panel. The claims have been made on RG paint so lets see the photos bergy. Thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 08:22 PM

&quot;I have seen many cars over the years and if a car is hit hard enough to warrent replacing the firewall, how does the subframe survive and still be complete and usable especially with the stabalizer bar still intact and usable?&quot;

I believe Bergy said in a previous post that there is evidence of the sub-frame having been pulled a little wider than it should be - discovered when he tried to remove the cross-member. So somebody had a go at it. Some chain, an oak tree and a good 4WD - boom you're done. Repaint, re-install sub-frame.

Also, there are no absolutes in accidents. The survival of front suspension components in a car that is T-boned just ahead of the windshield post is hardly implausible.

I do not believe there is any amount of evidence that will convince you that this car is &quot;mostly 616414&quot;. You just won't believe it. And that's your right, your opinion and you are entitled to it. Ain't that America. (and Canada).
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM

Just to fuel the fire, I know of a 69 big block Chevelle that was run off a bridge a few years back. The firewall was pushed back, but the frame was undamaged. Depends on the angle of the hit. Improbable? Maybe. Impossible? No.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:32 PM

Worked at many accident scenes with new cars and oh yes the firewall is often crushed. This is with all the new safety built into cars today.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM

Tracker, you are correct. There is nothing that will make me believe this car is the real deal. To me, if you truly look at the thread in it's entirety, it's obvious. That being said, I understand and respect that everyone has their own opinion. My opinion is that the car is without question a REBODY with a Yenko vin attached to it and a few other misc parts.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:48 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperNovaSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... I passed on my 69 Harrell Camaro the first time around because I did not know what to look for.

Wow, I didn't plan to type this much,

Jason </div></div>

You might want to start another thread on this statement! You can be Bergy this time, [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 PM

COPO140, You were calling the car a rebody from the start without ever having looked at the car? You had stated you knew the deal before Bruce ever looked at the car. Where are you/Who are you getting your information from? I have seen nothing in this thread that clearly shows this is a rebody. You have stated time and time again that its a rebody with no proof that it isn't the original Yenko body from the firewall back. Are you saying because the firewall has been compromised, thats what makes it a rebody?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Yes, I had the opportunity to purchase the car prior to Bergy and did have certain parts of the car inspected although I did not personally inspect it and swiftly passed based on the information I was given. The car is a REBODY in my opinion. I believe that once the firewall is gone, the non-public vins and TT are gone, the car is a rebody. There are many here who agree with my opinion, just search the term &quot;rebody&quot; and read through countless threads. I also understand that the term &quot;rebody&quot; is subjective and opinions will differ. And btw, dont put words in my mouth. I never said the body wasn't original only that in my opinion it was not likely and if it is, where is the proof?
Old 11-11-2010, 09:57 PM

First I have to say that you guys need a job. I go work in the shop for a few hours and I come back to 20 new posts. Is there a female in heat on here or something?

For those that could never be convinced that this is indeed most of the original body, if it ever comes up for sale, don't buy it. Also, the car is currently in the garage while Bergy is out of state. Nobody will be able to answer some of your questions until an inspection is done, so COOL IT.

I for one am simply interested in the story. If it turns out to be a rebody, then Bregy has a driver car with an interesting story. If it turns out to be the Yenko, he has a restoration with and interesting story. Keep up the work Bergy.