Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-08-2009, 04:51 PM

Default Sick of thieves

Went to workout last night with my 23 year old son with his new to him 2005 GMC ,came out 45 minutes later and his truck was gone. Whats with these bottom feeders stealing anything that is nice. My son owes more than insurance will pay him out Police say 10 a week are stolen in our area.
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-08-2009, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Sick of thieves

That sucks, I would also keep your eyes open on craigslist for the parts. Same thing happens here all the time.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM

Nothing worse than a thieve.I always wanted to catch one of thieves in the act?Chris
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thats a shame! I hate hearing that. More and more this is going to happen in this economy I bet.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always wanted to catch one of thieves in the act?Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You can't do anything. Thanks to our LEGAL SYSTEM, they have RIGHTS!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:35 PM

Recently, within the last year, a local resident of south jersey shot at and killed one of two people attempting to steal his 4 wheeler (for the 2nd time). They were running away from him when he fired at them. No charges have been filed to date. You can bet no one will be messing with him ever again.....
Old 01-08-2009, 11:52 PM

Did he run out of ammo? Jeff
Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 AM

Ugh. I agree that thieves are scum of the earth. Someone taking something that I spent my hard earned money and/or time on feels is a serious p.o.s. in my book. However, I've got to say, shooting and killing someone is not a good idea, no matter how tempted you might be. Unless the guy can prove they had a weapon on him and that he felt his life was threatened, he'd going to be spending time in jail. The fact the people were fleeing makes his case even worse.

Anyway, I'm sorry about your sons truck. That really sucks. Whoever stole it should be put in jail for a long time. To me, that's the problem--the sentence for the crime is too lenient.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always wanted to catch one of thieves in the act?Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You can't do anything. Thanks to our LEGAL SYSTEM, they have RIGHTS!

[/ QUOTE ] no one has to know that you caught them

Old 01-09-2009, 01:03 AM

Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,147 Posts

During the winter of 1989,I walked out to my brand new paid for 5.7 litre fully loaded IROC-Z,in the Lombard SportMart parking lot in the middle of the afternoon.
I was surprised to see all the windows fogged up.I honestly thought I was walking upto the wrong car..
As I approached the door to unlock it,I saw the door lock was popped outside & found a much older hispanic man sitting behind the wheel,hunched over the steering column,(now shattered in a million pieces on the floor)..struggling to get the car to start.
He couldn't figure it out because the ignition system used the same technology as the Corvette,a resistor imbedded into the ignition key.Once the ignition switch was rotated,it waited a few seconds to read the resistor.Without the key,it wasn't there and the car's ignition would not start.
This scumbag thief was breathing so hard,because he didn't understand that and probably spent a good 30 minutes struggling with it,as that's how long I was in the store.
As I surprised the living [censored] out of him,and he me,I yelled "WTF!"..and he said something back in Spanish and slammed the door shut and I held it to lock him in.He slid over the console and proceeded to get out the passenger side.I ran over to the passenger side,to hold that door closed,and yelled out to passer bys in the very populated lot,"Call the Police,Call the Police!"All just stared at me like lifeless drones.
The thief shuffled back to the drivers side and got out that door.I chased him across the lot,and he stopped as I caught up to him and pulled out a knife,and said "F*** You" & lunged the knife at me.I moved to one side to duck him & he ran lickity split across the lot towards traffic.I didn't pursue him anymore because of that.Instead I ran back into the store I came out of to call the police.By the time they arrived it was too late.He was gone,and my brand new car was in dishovled pieces inside.
I had to have it towed to a local dealership,as it wouldn't start and needed alot of internal wiring repair,column etc.,as well as the door fixed and repainted.
After I filled a report,the officer told me I was wise to not run after him,as that 2 other people were recently slashed during the same incident,in the same area and time of day.
They never caught the guy,but I'll never forget what he looked like that's for sure..