Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Chevrolet

Old 05-01-2014, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,077 Times in 1,321 Posts
Default Re: NCRS Historical Document Services

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 copo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">#37 at 05:50 AM today. Let's see what the turn around time is. Looking forward to the info!
</div></div>

Ha, I'm #32&amp;34 at 5:30AM !

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Ferron</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory&quot;

Lots of owners with fake build sheets will not match this document which will stir many red flags for them [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div> Sooo [not trying to be a jerk] The guy with the fake build sheet can make a new one with the <span style="font-style: italic">correct</span> dealer info....

Not sure how this new service is really going to change anything if it doesn't have build info , like a PHS report. </div></div>

I hear what you are saying Jim. By itself this doc will not definitively validate a car, but it can be used as a building block toward establishing provenance in conjunction with other car information/documentation/stampings/owner history/ original photos etc.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Banned

It would be nice if we could opt out of the sharing of our personal information by the NCRS with &quot;car clubs and auto related organizations&quot;. I get enough junk I don't need already.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:41 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim Ferron</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&quot;The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory&quot;

Lots of owners with fake build sheets will not match this document which will stir many red flags for them [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img]

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div> Sooo [not trying to be a jerk] The guy with the fake build sheet can make a new one with the <span style="font-style: italic">correct</span> dealer info....

Not sure how this new service is really going to change anything if it doesn't have build info , like a PHS report. </div></div>

I believe there is an order number on the shipping paperwork that should match a number on the build sheet. They can validate the build sheets that way. They are not making public the order numbers. This should help things.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Sure wish they would have brought the years on the Nova up to 74.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:01 PM

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

I think this is a great step up for the hobby &amp; really commend all involved.
Wondering if the NCRS is holding onto the contact information from everyone that inquires about a vehicle?
Could see that as a possible help to those in the future if a question mark is raised on the heritage of their vehicle.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:40 PM

The point of my comment is the current owner will be upset (Who did not make the FAKE Build Sheet), not the Dealer or Last owner before him that made the FAKE build sheet. I don't think he will re make another fake build sheet, I think he will look into hiring a lawyer to sue the Person or Dealer that sold him the car with FAKE documents. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2014, 04:48 PM

I'm #218, ordered around 9:30 AM PDT. No docs for my car but it might help narrow down the search. Martin
George Olsen Chevrolet San Francisco
Old 05-01-2014, 05:06 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLP955</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The shipper info provides the details of the dealer the car was originally shipped to from the factory, which may not necessarily be the final selling dealer. The debate about cars being exposed by this information <span style="font-weight: bold">assumes that very few cars would have been dealer-transferred beyond a limited radius of the original receiving dealership back</span> in the day ... </div></div>

Not sure how many people were as anal as I was when I bought my last new car but my local Scottsdale, AZ dealer did a dealer &quot;trade/purchase&quot; for me with the original &quot;delivered to&quot; dealer in Idaho ...

Old 05-01-2014, 05:33 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add Provinces for Canadian orders as I could not put a &quot;State or Province&quot; in that box as there was no selection for Canadian Provinces.

Sent a private email to put &quot;Ontario&quot; in that address section [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] </div></div>

What I did Danny was put the City and Province in the &quot;City&quot; address line. Hopefully it will work as they do have a box for &quot;Country&quot;. Let me know what, if anything, you get back from your email.