Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1971 GTO Judge Survivor Original Tropical Lime Paint All Born-With Drivetrain

Hi guys,

Asking $53,500 and located about 40 minutes northwest of Madison, WI.

I've been honored to be the caretaker of a not as well-known, 99,000 mile, 1971 GTO Judge the last 6 or 7 years. When I purchased the car, it was still in its barn find, as-found condition, and seemingly endless hours have been spent preserving its original state and get this car back on the road where she belongs. This Judge is unfluffed, besides polishing the original paint.

I'll keep it semi-short here, but if anyone is interested in seeing the car, please PM me and I can share additional information.

This is 1 of 13 3-speed manual Judges (contrary to what I read prior to my purchase, the 3-speed with 3.55 gears in this car is WONDERFUL!) My understanding is this is the only Tropical Lime & Sandalwood interior car out there.

100% factory Tropical Lime paint with Sandalwood interior. All born-with drivetrain, along with original Quadrajet and distributor. Interior is clean and original. It's a stunning color combination. Rides on reproduction Wide Ovals; an original Tiger Paw is mounted on honeycomb #5 and in the trunk.

Documentation includes PHS, original build sheet, and original New Vehicle Warranty booklet. We also have a copy of the title from the 2nd owner, who purchased the car in the late '80s we believe. I am the 4th owner. There are other receipts and documents that support the ownership chain as well.

This is a lifelong Wisconsin car and it's never been beyond about 50 miles of where it was sold new in Reedsburg. Of course this Judge has a great story! If interested parties grab a beer or soda, I'll talk yer ear off...

Did I mention this is a Wisconsin car? It has body rust, scratches, and a dent in the door. Thankfully, the car was stored pretty well over the years, and the floors and frame are quite nice (midwest nice) and not full of crust. It's as honest a car as it gets, guys; there's absolutely nothing to hide.

Car is located about 40 minutes northwest of Madison, WI...about 40 minutes from where it was sold new The car is safe to drive...all fluids have been flushed in the last few years, new hoses, belts, tune-up, and the car has a Gardner exhaust kit on it, due to the original exhaust just being too far gone. The original mufflers were already gone, so just the original tips were saved. Jim Parks did all 4 brakes on the car last fall, along with a new master cylinder. Original parts were kept. The car does smoke at startup, so Jim also did a comperession test on all 8 cylinders and the engine is strong. The clutch was also adjusted at that time. Receipts for all work is of course available to the buyer.

Just a couple teaser photos, I want the new owner to have the pleasure of sharing the car with the masses. Thank you for your support, fellas. I love this forum.

Jeff Tiedke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3b5...oiRiqqbXxto_mk

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tidmack For This Useful Post:
billj (03-01-2021), dykstra (03-02-2021), fortim (03-01-2021), PeteLeathersac (03-01-2021), scuncio (03-01-2021), Tenney (03-02-2021), Xplantdad (03-01-2021)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 20210307_115815 (Medium).jpg 20160721_172934.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-01-2021, 07:00 PM

Thanked 1,498 Times in 719 Posts

Love that color combo....GLWS!

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Pritchard For This Useful Post:
Tidmack (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 07:40 PM

Thank you, Bill, I greatly appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pritchard View Post
Love that color combo....GLWS!
Old 03-01-2021, 09:36 PM

nice Judge.. GLWS

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingn For This Useful Post:
Tidmack (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 09:42 PM

Default Judge

Nice talking to you Jeff, Great real deal survivor GTO. GLWTS
The Following User Says Thank You to 1969BaldwinCopoMotion For This Useful Post:
Tidmack (03-01-2021)
Old 03-01-2021, 10:04 PM

Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,966 Posts

'

Love it too also appreciate such efforts of preserving originality, imperfections included!
I expect others here feel much the same and would walk right past all the pretty examples to get a closer look at this one, does it draw crowds at cruise nights or do most people think it needs resto?
Best of luck w/ the sale also congrats to the next caretaker!

~ Pete

Old 03-01-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969BaldwinCopoMotion View Post
Nice talking to you Jeff, Great real deal survivor GTO. GLWTS
Jon, it was great talking with you, too. I look forward to checking out some of your cars sometime! Thanks for the kind words about The Judge, too. Take care,

Jeff
Old 03-01-2021, 11:46 PM

Thanks, Pete! Other than one small show about 5 years ago, The Judge hasn't really been out in public since the early '90s, when it was tearing through Lake Mills for a short period before a nearly 30 year hibernation.

The story is makes these cars what they are. No disrespect meant towards restored cars, but I think so much of the story is lost when a car is restored. For The Judge, it's the Aviation Association decal in the rear window, as the original owner, Mr. Braun, was a pilot. It's the way the shifter handle sits...it's how Mr. Braun wanted it. And like you said, it's the dents, scratches, and war wounds that tell the story, too. The Judge has two prior owners who had the means to frame-off restore the car, and they both chose not to. I think that says it all...

Sincerely, I hope someone here buys the car; we're all pretty like-minded on this site. Thank you for taking time to chat, have a great night.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLeathersac View Post
'

Love it too also appreciate such efforts of preserving originality, imperfections included!
I expect others here feel much the same and would walk right past all the pretty examples to get a closer look at this one, does it draw crowds at cruise nights or do most people think it needs resto?
Best of luck w/ the sale also congrats to the next caretaker!

~ Pete

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tidmack For This Useful Post:
Bill Pritchard (03-02-2021), PeteLeathersac (03-01-2021), Xplantdad (03-01-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 12:49 AM

Thanked 1,498 Times in 719 Posts

Lake Mills??? Wow, that's a memory from my early days, long before this Judge was built.

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Pritchard For This Useful Post:
Tidmack (03-02-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 12:58 AM

Jeff,

I love the Judge and its originality. Good luck with the sale and I hope it finds a good home.

Could you tell me where you got the Jim Causley Pontiac background shown in your pictures? I have a '70 Judge RA IV that Pontiac used as a promo car. When it was finally sold after 10 months of use by Pontiac it was sold through Jim Causley Pontiac in Detroit.

Thanks,
Rob
The Following User Says Thank You to Wakepowell For This Useful Post:
Pmdguy (03-05-2021)
Closed Thread