Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 07-29-2019, 11:33 PM

There are times when you never get back what you put into a car. I say keep it, drive and enjoy. That's why you built the car this way. Good luck!!

Last edited by Mr.Nickey Nova; 07-29-2019 at 11:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Nickey Nova For This Useful Post:
NorCam (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 12:49 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,170 Posts

The personalized car is always difficult to value. No two of us have EXACTLY the same taste.

It is rare that you get back everything you put into it on something like this (not talking about the 69 Z someone bought in 1980... more about a short term ownership like this).

The uninformed buyer will see "383" and assume it is the same as every other 383 out there with Chinese internals. He won't understand what makes this one worth much more.

Still, this car has SO much going for it.

If I had just done everything you have done to it, I would have a hard time parting with it. IMHO it really won't matter if it has 100 miles on it or 1000 since the build (unless it gets hit). So, if it were me, even if I knew I would likely part with it, I would make certain it is adequately insured, drive it a good 1000 miles (or smiles, whichever comes first) then re-evaluate.

You never know, someone might leave you a love note, asking if it is for sale. I get those from time to time.
NorCam (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 01:23 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
I just finished it a month or so ago and have barely put 150 miles on it for break in. Been so busy with work that I haven't had it out in over a month now. It cruises really well and there are no squeaks or rattles other than the pistol grip shifter top which buzzes when you take your thumb off it. I have rattled a couple a gears here and there but haven't opened the butterflies 90 degrees yet. Beyond that, I can easily say it boogies along and is great out of the hole, but with these Wide Oval Radials on the car, there isn't a lot of meat to stick to the pavement. Surprisingly they have stuck really good for a rolling start and I'm sure I've had them on the ragged edge of breaking free even at half throttle stabs.

I changed the alternator around and need to pickup a new fan belt this week. Then it'll get out to have some more miles put on it. I'm sure the burnout video's are forth coming.

that driving video definitely helps sell the car if you were to part with it!
The Following User Says Thank You to luzl78 For This Useful Post:
NorCam (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:52 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Thanks for the perspective you always manage share Lynn (and others too).

After some thought, I'm going to keep the car. I'll leave it as it is for now and use it as my Friday night cruiser while keeping an eye open for another big block car. Cheers
Old 07-30-2019, 04:48 PM

While I'm sure there are more guys on this site that appreciate the time And the $ that it took to make this car what it is, than any where else ! And while the money were talking is a lot for a Nova . This car in my opinion is way Cooler and would be way more fun than Any other #s matching,restored trailer queen Nova !!! do me a favor and Keep it !!! that way I don't regret not buying it

Last edited by GrumpyJeff; 07-30-2019 at 04:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrumpyJeff For This Useful Post:
Crush (07-30-2019), NorCam (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 07:16 PM

Graeme, I’ve liked this car from the start... and really like what you’ve done with it. Your attention to detail is amazing, right down to the M/T scavenger style headers. Based on how much time you’ve put into the car, I hope you also get a similar amount of time to enjoy the car if you don’t go getting knee deep into other projects. Sounds like work is that next project for you, so you probably won’t have time to build another car anyway. I vote for keeping this bad a$$ car until you’ve thoroughly enjoyed it. I don’t think a big block would replace it.

I’m kinda relieved that I haven’t met up with you at a stop light... not yet anyway ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to L78M22Rag For This Useful Post:
NorCam (07-30-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 12:39 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,140 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCam View Post
Thanks for the perspective you always manage share Lynn (and others too).

After some thought, I'm going to keep the car. I'll leave it as it is for now and use it as my Friday night cruiser while keeping an eye open for another big block car. Cheers
Atta boy!

Killer build Graeme!