Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 05-26-2016, 10:29 PM

Default 1981 Corvette ORIGINAL Owner/Condition

Up for your consideration is this 1981 Chevrolet Corvette, but this is not your ordinary Corvette, this one's an example that does not come up very often. This car was purchased brand spanking new just over 35 years ago on May 6th, 1981 by its original owner from Mancuso Chevrolet in Skokie, Illinois, which was a well-known performance Chevrolet dealership. I obtained this car directly from the original owner and it is a TRUE one owner car STILL on its original issued 1981 Illinois title! If you are looking for a Corvette from this era, this is THE right one. It doesn't get better then one done in Corvette Yellow with black leather interior and the desirable 4 speed manual transmission! Wait, there's more! This car is 100% ORIGINAL right down to its ORIGINAL paint and THE tires it rolled off the assembly line with! And if that's not enough, this car has only 32,000 ORIGINAL miles and has EVERY stitch of factory and dealer paperwork you could possibly imagine existed and MORE! Yes, I even have original vintage photographs of the car and its owner from when it was new! These cars had a classic look that defined an era. Many of you will remember the first time you ever saw one, or knew someone that had one of these later era C3's. They are increasing in value and are rapidly getting noticed and receiving the attention they rightfully deserve among collectors.

This car is the REAL deal, as honest as they come. I could have "fluffed" this car but decided to leave it in its authentic state. It's a TRUE survivor. There are nicks to the original paint, wear here and there, but it's ALL there and a great example of exactly how The General made them, flaws and all! The car starts right up and drives and handles amazingly, no rattles, hesitation, or any excuses. Basically everything works, from the air conditioning to the power seat, gauges, radio, clock, headlights, antenna, you name it. The sound is right out of the factory, bone stock with it's ORIGINAL day one installed exhaust, and the clutch is just right, perfect actually. When the car was bought new the original owner had the dealer install a Chapman alarm system (reflected on the original dealer bill of sale) which still functions perfectly! He also elected to have vin etching on all of the glass, I even have the original plastic vin placard that they used to etch the vin! But again, there is some minor wear, basically what you would expect from an original car that has not been molested in any way shape or form since it was new. The original owner was a unique guy. This car has never been "shown" at a car show; no one has ever driven it besides him and me. If you want a TRUE survivor, this car is a MUST see and would make a great addition to any serious collection.

There are a couple of minor "issues" so to speak. The driver's side t-top glass is cracked. The original owner broke the original driver's side top and also broke the replacement on that same side! I have been watching and waiting for the right date coded M1131 t-top to come up but haven't found one yet. When you find one you could use the original vin placard to etch it just like the passenger side was done when it was new. The wheels also have some minor pitting. I debated as to whether I should refinish them but I left them as is, but I did replace the original worn center caps with new GM Restoration Part versions. (The originals come with the car).

The documentation? Like I described above, this car has it ALL. It has its ORIGINAL title, ORIGINAL window sticker, ORIGINAL purchase bill of sale from Mancuso Chevrolet, odometer statement, Illinois tax form, "we owe" slips reflecting things the owner wanted looked at and adjusted by the dealer after purchase. All dealer promotional pamphlets, business cards, envelope, and service info. The car has ALL its original factory manuals, books, warranty books with the original vin stickers for the booklet, original keys and even the original key code punch outs! To a true Corvette enthusiast, paperwork is absolutely an essential part of the car and this car has more documentation then I have ever seen. I even begged the original owner to come up with the earliest pictures he had of the car and I have a few right from the summer of 1981!

The car is ready to go, inspections are welcome, and I have nothing to hide. The price is $22,500. Examples like this are NOT readily available, seize the opportunity and get it while you can! Call Frank at 708-two five seven-8539 or email me at fmag77 at aol dot com.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:37 PM

Default Re: 1981 Corvette ORIGINAL Owner/Condition

Old 05-26-2016, 10:41 PM

Old 05-26-2016, 10:47 PM

Old 05-26-2016, 10:57 PM

Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 PM

Seems just like yesterday....when I saw them on the Show Room floor and those large bill boards of the exact same Yellow 1980-81 Corvette.
I always thought the wide front end was very sexy.

A Great Corvette Frank....GLWS.

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 05-27-2016, 06:25 AM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,068 Times in 902 Posts

That is nice! GLWS

Tim
Old 05-27-2016, 12:00 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,711 Times in 732 Posts

Very nice car Frank.

The 1981 4 speeds are really kind of rare - we ordered one new for my Mom as a daily driver and they were on a manufacturing constraint - took several months to get.

Dykstra Motorsports
Old 05-27-2016, 01:01 PM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2016, 01:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,597 Times in 491 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postsedan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems just like yesterday....when I saw them on the Show Room floor and those large bill boards of the exact same Yellow 1980-81 Corvette.
I always thought the wide front end was very sexy.

A Great Corvette Frank....GLWS.

Dan </div></div>

I worked in a Chevy store back in the late 70's/early 80's and remember these cars well...delivered a few L82 cars [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif[/img]
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro