Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-21-2018, 10:49 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

I've had countless PMs asking about the layout of the land. So much so that Director and Owner, Steve S sent me an email, since my PM box was jammed....JAMMED I TELLS YA!!...asking me to update this thread so he can put Yenko.net back on the server.

So I took pen to paper, got out the Architectural Land Diagram I submitted to the country for building approval, and figured I'd post it to answer all the questions one may have. One meaning, that one guy that sent me a message. Now, look through all the intricate numbers and dimensions and such, and one can clearly see how much fence has been put up. The perimeter is done as is pasture #3 (upper left corner with the word "Fence" in it) and the remaining interior fencing won't be done until the arena goes in late next month and the driveway gets concrete from between the two shops back to the barn. We'll finish the front half of the driveway once the house is done.

I'm happy to report no injuries except a sprained shoulder, pulled hamstring, left deltoid tear, a fractured pinky toe, and bruised forehead from a ricocheted board after I threw it in rage, which then made me even more mad, so I threw it again, which resulted in the sprained shoulder, and a torn deltoid since I threw it too hard and after it hit my head crashed into my pinky toe and then I tripped over it resulting in my pulled hamstring

More to come this weekend as I continue the frame out inside the barn!

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (12-21-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 01:07 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

More Mistletoe..
Old 12-26-2018, 10:44 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Yes, I've filed a tax exemption for the Flying M Ranch to grow mistletoe. After all, what did you think the M meant in Flyin' M??

The interior of the barn is about 83% done on the frame out! I had to use scaffolding lent to me by the electrician, which is always a fun and exciting thing to climb. If the wobbly legs don't instill confidence in your climb to 20ft, the loose crossbars and warped platforms surely will! And of course with the end in sight, I've decided to increase that workload and add a large cedar wrapped center beam that the ceiling fans will mount to down the center aisle. I still need to frame that out, and apparently, I'm now adding a hay loft above the mini-horse stalls too.

On deck are the jail bars and doors for the stalls, hay loft joists, and a whole host of other things piled up in the corner to do. So, when will this done? The plan is to have this done in February and then it's onto the shops!

More to come with such instructional lessons as "Two by Fours: The real measurement" and "Measure twice, cut thrice".

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2018, 11:27 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

... and of course, build it and they will come, and that's what happened.

Here's the latest edition to the Flying M Ranch. This cat has an interesting story, and we've gone through four names until finally settling on Sox.

See, this cat came up from Whitney, TX in the engine bay of a 2010 Ram 1500 snuggling up to a 5.7 Hemi. So, with that and him being Orange, we were set on calling him Hemi. Then after we heard the story of how he got here, we were thinking Whitney. But it's a boy, so no Snowflake crazy non- gender bias crappy confusing name gonna be had on a Texas ranch cat!

We were then thinking Grady... since our septic guy is named Grady. Then we realized that Kelly's arch enemy and nemesis is Grady, so that wouldn't work either So with two large tube Sox on his hind legs....Sox it is!!

Best part? The "M" on the forehead means good mouser, apparently, in the cat world. Could also mean Mopar.....

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
scuncio (12-27-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 12:03 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

If you cut those stairs I am double double impressed.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:29 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Oh, it's really nothing to be impressed about. It's a simple mathematical equation, really. You first have to figure your total rise and total run. Then decide the rise of your first and third steps, and here's some trivia: Since my total number of stairs is odd, you have to use the measurement on an odd step, not an even one. More on that later. Now, when divided by the hypotenuse triangulated by the seventh's step's width, that gives you the total run you need between stringers minus the ledger's thickness offset by the footer's length. Adding into that, make sure to recess the top landing to make up for the thickness of the planking of the decking material to be used. See? Pretty elementary, really.

As evidence of the handiwork, pencil lines (and two black marker lines located on the 4th and 9th steps, added together, makes 13... an odd number to match my odd number of steps) are clearly visible on the outer edge of the stringers closest to the camera. The extra 2x4 bracing adds more mounting surface for supports I still need to add later on. Under the stairs will be a feed storage room with shelving, a chandelier, and possibly a wine chiller.

Cheers
Dave
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
Charley Lillard (12-26-2018), TMagda (12-30-2018)
Old 12-26-2018, 01:08 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

Dave, Looking great! Hi Sox!!
Old 12-26-2018, 02:29 PM

He’s fooling us all. He has a team of elf’s that show up in the middle of the night who do all the work! Ha!!
Well done!
Old 12-26-2018, 02:38 PM

Thanked 1,120 Times in 639 Posts

Dave, you are an amazing guy. You are very talented in so many ways. Who would have thought that I would enjoy watching a barn being built almost as much as watching a Mustang being restored?
Old 12-26-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Lillard View Post

If you cut those stairs I am double double impressed.
I think that's what these are for.

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152578

This isn't rocket surgery.....