Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals

Old 11-03-2018, 02:45 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts
Default MCACN X...And so...

As I work in my living room on the final touches for the MCACN Floor-plan, I cant quite express the thoughts and feelings going through my mind.

Even now, after nearly ten years(!) it still seems like a dream that I am able to do what I do, and actually do it for a living. The MCACN partners allow me this opportunity with no interruptions and continued support. When I add in the truly awesome people that continue to support and participate, it just makes it all that much better.

No, it is not easy, but when it's all said and done, it certainly is rewarding...and rather humbling.

I know many of you have heard it before, but Holy S@@@, this show is going to be absolutely mind blowing, no matter what make or model you lean toward.

THANKS to all of you for the continued support, and please do not miss this show. It is very special for many reasons.

So with that being said, who and what are YOU most looking forward to seeing?

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bashton For This Useful Post:
mockingbird812 (11-04-2018), ORIGLS6 (11-10-2018)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Courtney Hansen. KISS

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 11-03-2018, 05:30 PM

I think my head may actually explode when we arrive! I def know that all three of us (Me, wife and Son) will be running around like recess at en elementary school! We are arriving Wednesday to get some Chi town sight seeing in

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyingn For This Useful Post:
bashton (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 01:27 AM

Looking forward to the Class of '68 display. I want to see the black/black '68 Biscayne I've heard is coming and hope there will be others too.

Pat

My '68 Biscayne updates and fixes: http://tinyurl.com/Biscayne-My-Way

'68 Biscayne how I got it: http://tinyurl.com/Biscayne-Baseline
Old 11-04-2018, 05:29 AM

It was my first time to attend last year and it was system overload for me. Because of that experience it's now a yearly thing for me. I'm looking forward to the class of '68 snd the barn find displays this year!

<span style="font-weight: bold">I'm stuck in Day2..</span>
Old 11-04-2018, 11:26 AM

Only missed one of these because my dad was ill, and that includes the last Chevy Vette Fest. My problem is I never spent enough time checking out cars as I am to busing talking to old friends and first time friends .
But that is what it is all about
Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to m22mike For This Useful Post:
bashton (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Yep, agreed Mikey! I hope this one will be the only one I'll ever miss and maybe one year I'll actually see more than a car or two at the show!

The beauty about this assembleage of incomprehensible car-crazy-collections is no, or very limited, repetition. Which means every year is just as amazing as the last!!!!!

The first year, my retinas detached from all the real whatevers I was seeing. The second year, colorblindness. Third? Lost my ability to form complete sentences. Fourth? I had a constant dialtone in my head. Luckily, I'm recouping this year in preparations for many more sensory overload shows to come!!!!!

Cheers to Bob and all the show organizers, staff, and most importantly, ALL of the exhibitors that make this show such a success by bringing you pride and joy for all to enjoy!!!!! And if that don't justify using five exclamation points at the end of the sentence, I don't know what does!?!

Cheers

Dave
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
bashton (11-04-2018), olredalert (11-05-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 PM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12pilot View Post
Yep, agreed Mikey! I hope this one will be the only one I'll ever miss and maybe one year I'll actually see more than a car or two at the show!

The beauty about this assembleage of incomprehensible car-crazy-collections is no, or very limited, repetition. Which means every year is just as amazing as the last!!!!!

The first year, my retinas detached from all the real whatevers I was seeing. The second year, colorblindness. Third? Lost my ability to form complete sentences. Fourth? I had a constant dialtone in my head. Luckily, I'm recouping this year in preparations for many more sensory overload shows to come!!!!!

Cheers to Bob and all the show organizers, staff, and most importantly, ALL of the exhibitors that make this show such a success by bringing you pride and joy for all to enjoy!!!!! And if that don't justify using five exclamation points at the end of the sentence, I don't know what does!?!

Cheers

Dave
Geeez; give the guy an Enthusiast of the Year award and then he decides to stay home.

Good thing for you I like your wife!

Bashton
www.mcacn.com
Old 11-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Enthusiast of the Year? Why, that's awesome!!
Is it because I distribute hundreds of pamphlets and brochures via (free) Airmail? Is it because my self made 10ft long MCACN banner is the first thing I'll hang in my new shop? Is it because even at sensitive moments like my colonoscopy, I told the doc, "Hey, you ever been to that small carshow in Chicago called the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals? Here... here's a brochure. " To which he replied, "Um, you're supposed to be sedated right now....."

But, no no... I'll have to defer that award this year. There's TONS of other enthusiasts waaaaaaaay more qualified for that award than me! Just doin' my part to help keep spreading the MCACN word and one day, rise to the ranks of Vice President to the Administrative Assistant of P.R. Information and Distribution in the eCommerce Division of Paper Products and Office Supply Inventory Control. "You need a pen? Why here you go, my good friend! And by the way, here's a brochure for the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals in Chicago!"

See? This is what happens when I can't work on a car and have a creative outlet for my wit (or lack there of). Other posts that I reply too become nuts!:thumbsd own:

Cheers
Dave

Last edited by A12pilot; 11-05-2018 at 12:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
flyingn (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_Dilling View Post
Looking forward to the Class of '68 display. I want to see the black/black '68 Biscayne I've heard is coming and hope there will be others too.

Pat
Yes Pat I'm going to be there with the Black/Black 68 L72 M22 Biscayne with 1066 actual miles. Arriving Thursday at noon. This is my first time bringing a car to MCACN. I can't wait to meet and bench race with everyone.
1970 Z28 Citrus green CW 3:73 1970 Ls6 Cy 3:31 14K miles 1968 Biscayne L72 M22 952 actual miles. 1966 Biscayne L72 3:73 1966 Chevelle L78 M22 4:56
The Following User Says Thank You to L72Biscayne For This Useful Post:
flyingn (11-05-2018)