Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 12-10-2019, 05:54 PM

That is based off of NCRS information for the dealership and delivery day, the VIN number decode, and an aficionado named Rich that called me right after I bought it who was well-versed in those COPOs. Unfortunately, we lost touch. I am now trying to get the documentation together before I start the full resto on it,so I know what specs I am aiming for during restoration.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:16 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

So, was N620776 originally a 4 speed or auto? Also, how about a picture of the top gutter track on the side of the roof by the top of the windshield.

- Warren
Old 12-10-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinProgress View Post
So, was N620776 originally a 4 speed or auto? Also, how about a picture of the top gutter track on the side of the roof by the top of the windshield.

- Warren
A bit of a rookie, see it has been asked twice , what’s the top of the gutter tell you?
Old 12-10-2019, 07:53 PM

Photo 1: Gutter

Photo 2: The holes for a wing. This car is an X44, so it shouldn't have a wing, but the HH is pictured as having one, so the holes don't disprove it being the HH. Also in this pic, rumor has it that after its racing days were over, it was painted blue. As seen, that is the color of this vehicle even though the cowl clearly states it was a 10/10.

Photo 3: From what we've gathered, the HH was an automatic. This is clearly an automatic slapstick.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2019, 08:15 PM

There are a series of photo's floating on the innerweb that show the creation of the HH, that might help - I just can't find them!

Holes for a wing, don't mean a thing! Goodness, half the Camaro's out there have holes for a wing, neither does an a/t in a 4 hitter car, or blue paint. This is not a 'process of elimination' exercise when Frankie had the original title and VIN, which I don't think matches yours....

I hope I'm wrong, but....
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 12-10-2019, 08:53 PM

Yeah, I know. None of this stuff "seals the deal". It's just all of the information that trickles in as I'm trying to research this. I am looking for something that can prove it either way. To be honest, it would be a much easier resto if it *isn't* the Hound. If I find out for sure that it is the Huckleberry Hound, then I will have to go insane to get it back to its glory days, bringing history back to life. This isn't a pride thing for me, it's respect to the Hound.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 PM

The pictures of HH clearly show it had style trim. Frankie's car was X11 and had style trim.
Yours is X44 - no trim from the factory and no trim now. Not an easy detail to add AND then remove.
Can't see how your car could be HH.
Especially when the original owner of HH provides the VIN and it's 9N616462.

What's for sale in NY - not much.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY View Post
Short update on the HH car;

The original owner of this car confirms that it was a Tuxedo Black, X11 Copo that was purchased from Wallace Chevrolet in Linden, NJ. The owner removed the VIN (616462)and Trim Tag many years ago, and junked the car. The owner retained the bill of sale, dash bezel, the doors, a fender and possibly the transmission. The owner told each of us the same story, that there was no body and it was junked 20 years ago in northern NJ. These items were for sale, however, approx. 6 people passed on the deal because there was no firewall - much less an entire car. One person considered buying the items as memorabilia, and to prevent a rebody, but the price was prohibitive for that purpose.

About a month ago, I received word that somebody in NY claimed to have bought these items from the orig owner. Additionally, the claim is that the original body was found and pulled from a junk yard after 20+ years even though the orig owner did not remember where the body went. The plan is to restore the car, not sure if it will be done as the HH or factory.

Take it for what it's worth, but beware
Just saw this post back from 2004. This now makes a lot more sense and makes me feel better. Knowing that 2 10/10 COPOs were sold by Wallace, one being a 4 speed and one being an automatic. Mine has the hole for the clutch and the automatic slapshift, so no idea what this car has gotten itself into over the years. Thanks again for all of your assistance in solving this mystery. I just didn't want to do a normal resto on a car with historic value.
Old 12-10-2019, 10:08 PM

Yea, I'd probably shift focus away from trying to determine if your car is the HH, and put all your energy on determining if its a COPO.....

The HH story is better left with the current seller in NY.
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 12-10-2019, 10:17 PM

It's definitely a Wallace Chevrolet COPO. 100%. I have all the documentation for that.