Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Events > Other Events

Old 04-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default MUSCLE comes to The Masterpiece Concours 2009!

Many of you may have heard about the Masterpiece Style & Speed Showcase concours held on the lakefront in Milwaukee, Wisconsin every August. While it is a relatively new show, it is quickly becoming known as the "Pebble Beach" of the Midwest. Much like Pebble and Meadow Brook, all entries are by invitation-only and the classes are limited to less than 10 cars each. Everything from steam cars to jet cars are represented!

Last year I was the Chairperson for the Supercar Class, something that I had pushed the event organizers to have for some time. It was a great class, with many cars from SYC members on display: Tom Clary; Pete Gerling; Mike Guarise; and Lester Quam. In the Muscle class last year we had SYC Members John Gust and Tex Timberlake showing off their cars.

For the 2009 event I want an even greater SYC Member presence in the Muscle Car Class. The Supercar ring was a one-year only deal, so both Supercars and muscle cars are invited to compete in the Muscle class.

This is a show for concours-type restored or great unrestored cars. Judging is "French style" meaning we don't check muffler bearings to make sure they are NOS, judging is quite simply based on overall impact and the style/presence of the car. You don't need a COPO car to win, an SS350 that "pops" stands just as much of a chance.

The show is held literally right next to Lake Michigan in McKinley park in downtown Milwaukee. A more beautiful setting is not to be found! The show is on Sunday, August 23rd. There is a road tour for concours cars held on Saturday, and a charity banquet Saturday night.

If you have any doubts about this event, email the SYC Members that were there last year! This is an important event for not only your car but also to show the hobby that muscle cars deserve to be allowed into events such as this that have long looked down upon the cars we love! Let's show them what it is all about.

If you want to be a part of it, please email me at [email protected] and I will send you a nomination form/show application. Please, no PM's as I am on the road and can't always log on to the internet.

Time is of the essence, so let me know asap if you're interested in being a part of The Masterpiece! For more info on the event and photos of past years, please go to www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
Colin
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 04-11-2009, 03:21 AM

Default Re: MUSCLE comes to The Masterpiece Concours 2009!

Last year was my first opportunity to participate in this event. I have to say that everything Colin said about the show was understated. I enjoyed it more than any other show I have been to in a long time, and, I will try to get another car accepted for this year's show. From the ease of trailer parking to the incredible setting, it was first class, and, we were treated like kings by the staff. I encourage anyone with a special car to nominate it.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:48 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Isetta ?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:53 AM

I think there is a class for those. Send it out.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year was my first opportunity to participate in this event. I have to say that everything Colin said about the show was understated. I enjoyed it more than any other show I have been to in a long time, and, I will try to get another car accepted for this year's show. From the ease of trailer parking to the incredible setting, it was first class, and, we were treated like kings by the staff. I encourage anyone with a special car to nominate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Mike said. The wife and I had a great time.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:09 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,169 Times in 920 Posts

Colin,
I have sent you an email.
Thanks,

Tim
Old 04-21-2009, 07:10 PM

....but is there RACING ???!!!....whitecastes ????
Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 AM

Nope just cheese curds...then races to the hopper ! ! !

"...at this point in my life, every day is a Saturday".